Electronic hatch release doesn't work - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic hatch release doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic hatch release doesn't work

On neither the key fob nor the yellow button. When I press either, I hear a little clicking sound from just behind the glove box. Is there a relay back there? My parking brake is up, so thats not the problem. Although when I bought the car the parking brake didn't work, but after installing new brakes it works again (and the light on the dash lights up). Should I try checking the ground on the release motor? Or is there a fuse I could check? It works fine with the key, just not electrically.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Re: Electronic hatch release doesn't work

does the motor in the back click at all ? if so try to hit the fob and pull the hatch up at the same time.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I never hear it working, does it just pop? My friend has a T/A and I only hear it pop when he opens his.
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

i have to lift the hatch and push the trunk release at the same time
        White 1998 3.8L Camaro
        Home Ram Air / Free Flow Intake
        Drilled / Slotted Rotors with black painted Calipers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X