Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at cheap ebay systems

http://stores.ebay.com/AudioBlowouts...2QQsclZ0QQtZkm

i might buy the 160 dollar pyramid system just for the summer till i get a job due to no one hiring a 15 yr old lol but anyway anyone have any experience with em?

Re: looking at cheap ebay systems

:rant: NO PLEASE DONT, ok lets start off by saying this the amp is 1000 watts max 50 watts rms x 2 WOWSA that is ****ty!! ok lets see what u want here, my best suggestion is to piece together a system dont buy everything you want now it wont happen, i am 18 and still buying speakers and such, first Q? is tell us how much you have to spend on some sound, then what you really want, if you only have 160 bucks, my best bet would be to buy some 3 way 6 1/2's for the front, and some 6 1/2s midbass drivers for the back! hook them up to your radio for now b/c that will prolly be 160 bucks or plus, buy GOOD 6 1/2's that way if you can save up another 100 bucks, then you can buy you a nice amp for them and will sound MUCHO better!! then after this start working on saving up for box,sub,amp! this stuff aint cheap and for 160 you get what you pay for!!

Comment

Yeah, no way would I buy any of those. For now, get a nice head unit and save up. I know you want to get everything now, but it will be worth it in the long run to get everything in steps. This is what I did...

Before my car even got on the road (little over a year ago) - got a new head unit (Pioneer DEH-P6600)
      Next, I got speakers for my birthday (little less than a year ago) (pair of Infinitys for up front)
      Recently, I got my amp, subs, and box.

Now I just need to wait and get enough money for an amp for the fronts, and probably better fronts (CDT components most likely)

Its also nice to see how your sound system has improved over time, and its almost fun waiting for whats next.

Also - I see you've made your way over from wnyfbody.com :tup: .
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Yeah don't skimp. I know you want to get a little bass and I know its hard when you're 15. I started putting my system in my car when I was 15, working at a fast food place. I ended up with some crappy 12' subs, low end head, junk speakers, and a few raises later, i'm getting rid of all of that junk and now i've got a single soon to be dual 12' L5 and a nice Viper amp. Thing is, I didnt even have my stuff for a year, and I just sold it to buddies for like less than half what I paid for it. It's a big waste of money overall. You're better off saving a little longer and buying something nice your first time around so you dont want to upgrade 2 weeks later.
        1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

well usually for my bday i get like 300 -400 spent on me tops plus 150 or so from family. i was hoping to get a audio system as my car has no speakers a elec shift kit and gears and posi

Comment

How much bass you looking for? A single 10"? Two 12"s in a vented box? Between the box, gobs of power to push and the subwoofers themselves..... the boom costs $$$$. Have you or do you plan on replacing the stock headunit? If so, the first $200 should probably go a set of components for the front (roughly $125) and a set of midranges for the sails (rear seats) (about $75). Power them off the headunit. When you save up another $300-$400. Then you can think about adding subs.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

im getting a head unit from my buddy
              http://justwoofers.com/Boxes_Loaded_...zar_BP_HRB.htm
              im thinking bout getting this a 2000 lanzar amp lanzar capacter and amp wire kit my buddy had lanzars for years so im thinking bout them as for the door and back speakers ill get some from circuitcity that are like 30 a pop that handle 200

Comment

Trust me, im another one of those guys that bought all the cheap stuff and ended up ripping off my friends by selling it to them when i got sick of it..

Theres more to a speaker than how much it can handle. Just cause it can handle 200 watts does not mean its going to sound that great. Plus you definitally need to get a headunit first so that you can fine tune your system so that it sounds the best with the speakers you have.

Anyways, just dont be in too big a rush that you go cheap on your stereo.. thats what i did when i was 15 and i regretted it. It was money wasted that i could have put towards some good equipment and saved up for the rest.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I'll join the bandwagon here too: do it with good stuff, piece by piece as you can afford it. You'll be wasting your money going the other route. Most of the stuff you mentioned is really crap.

Nice HU- 150-200
                  Nice pair of speakers- $75-100
                  Acceptably decent 12" sub- $80-100
                  Acceptably decent 200W rms amp- $100
                  8 ga wiring kit - $30
                  Box - DIY or buy one $ ??

There ya go, for about $450-500 you can have something that actually sounds good and will last a while if not abused.
                  \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

well im bout to get a head unit from my friend thats good and my friends gonna give me some speakers then i hAVE A 10IN BANDPASS FOR NOW then for my b day im gonna get a bigger amp and either 3 10s or 2 12s i already have a ported 3 10 box

Comment

Remember when it comes down to it especially in Audio equipment you get what you pay for. Companies like Lanzar and Pyle, Pyramid, Soundstrom, Rampage, UltraLinear they all build really poorly crafted items, their quality control is horrid, and their power claimings are completely off base. You would be far better off even running into ebay and looking at a 125x2 channel pioneer, which personally I am not a fan of, but it is a hard amp to blow unless you do something really stupid lol, and its output is decent. As for circuitcitys 30$ speakers, I worked at circuitcity for a few years, and I worked there when they first got those new speakers, the old Profiles we carried on sale for 15$ a pair were worth it to some people, but only as a speaker, not as an upgrade. Those Verge speakers are some of the worst most headache giving speakers I ever sold when I worked there. People comming back in a week or less with the tweeter popped, or the voice coil cracking. Spend the extra 20$ get a set of kenwoods or pioneers, once again not really high end, but you will enjoy the sound alot more and the duribility differences are huge!
                      1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

well my buddy dosnt have the sub box anymore so im back to square 1. but my neighbore gave me a brand new pair of 6 1/2s that he paid 75 for but they dont fit in my car what are the sizes for the speakers that come in a 94 firebird

Comment

Well thats the odd part, if they are 6 1/2"s go into a circuit city or bestbuy or something and ask them for the adapter plate to use a 6 1/2" in your firebird, alot of people call them a 6 3/4" or a oversize 6 1/2...
                          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

o what size speakers come factory in a firebird?

Comment

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBAQ_1

They should fit, but there might be problems because of the actual 6.75" that came stock.
                              <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X