Connecting my phone to factory system - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting my phone to factory system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting my phone to factory system

Hey guys I have a 2000 Firebird with the monsoon system. I've been wanting to connect my phone (through the headphone jack) to the head unit so that I can hear the person through the cars speakers or maybe even utilize my phone as an mp3 player to play music directly off my phone. I know there are fm transmitters out there that will do the trick easily but the sound quality is not that great. Is it even possible to do this?
    <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Re: Connecting my phone to factory system

i dont think what you want to do is worth it, long and complicated processes that i wouldnt do, the fm transmitter should be more than enough quality when you are talking about sound from a call that is already wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by bah
      i dont think what you want to do is worth it, long and complicated processes that i wouldnt do, the fm transmitter should be more than enough quality when you are talking about sound from a call that is already wireless.
      Call quality is not something I was as concerned with as MP3 quality. I have a Palm Treo 650 PDA phone and it can hold 1gigabyte of mp3's with the sound card I have. I just want to hook it up to the car system and get the best sound quality possible.
      <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

the easiest way would to be get a new head unit, although i am sure there are difficult ways to do it with the already crappy monsoon though

Comment

There is a specific cable that lets you hook up mp3 players and i-pods via the CD changer port on the back of the Monsoon unit. I think it's something like this http://www.installer-data.com/item/d...php?it=gm9-aux

but do some research to be sure
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

After checking out the stock head unit I just figured it wouldn't be worth it like you guys said... So I went ahead and got an lcd hu and an aux rca converter to plug the hu directly into my palm phone. The music is crystal clear and now not only can I play music off the 1 gig memory card I can also burn 4.7 gb worth of mp3's onto a dvd disc and play them off of that.

Thanks for direction on this matter guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X