Wiring and Splicing (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring and Splicing (part 2)

3. Here is another connection you can make if you need to tap into a wire without cutting it; also known as a splice. This type of connection comes in handy if you are installing an alarm or keyless entry system.

Strip off some insullation on the wire you want to splice into.

Use something pointy to make a "hole" in the wire you will be splicing into. Next, insert the other wire through the hole and wrap it around tightly.

Use solder to provide a strong connection.

The spliced soldered connection should look similar to this.

Last, wrap the connection with black electrical tape along with a few Zip Ties. The Zip Ties keep the tape from ever coming undone.

There are many different ways of making wiring connections. These are just a few that I've used over the years with very good success. Stores like Auto Zone or Radio Shack should carry everything you need to do something like this.
    2006 Tiburon

Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about adding all these to the FAQ section. Mega, you plan on writing that walkthrough or whatever you want to call it?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

what about an inline splice? no cutting required.
      Visit my Car Forum at <a href=\"Http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/forum\" target=\"_blank\">Http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/forum</a>

Comment

The photo's above show how to splice the Red wire into the Blue wire without cutting the Blue wire. Only thing you have to do to the Blue wire is strip away some of the insulation but you don't "cut" it.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X