factory stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory stereo

Ok my little brother just got a new 95 maro with the stock Bose stereo in it and he has all his aftermarket system to put in there, but i heard you have to rewire everything, is taht right?

I also heard you have to take out the bose amp in the back?

any help would be apprecaited and yes I have done a search and found nuffin
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

I can try to help, as I replaced the Bose system in my 94 Camaro. My system may be slightly different than his however, as mine was only a 3 speaker system with amps mounted at each speaker. One in each door and one in the hatch "cubbie hole". There was no stand alone amp. Either way, if you are going to replace the system I don't believe it should matter.

I removed each speaker and its amp to make room for the new ones. Depending on what size he is using, it may be possible to use the stock speaker baffles but most speakers will not be a direct bolt on. An oversized 6 1/2 should fit, but anything else will probably need fabrication. I made new baffles for the doors, very simple to do.

He will also need to run new wires for the speakers. This isn't a big deal, especially considering the car will be apart to install the speakers and to run the power and signal wires for the amps. If your system does have the stand alone amp, you may want someone else to recommend an approach for the wiring. In my case it would have been a much greater hassle to find and splice into the existing wiring for each speaker, so I ran new wires for everything. I got power from the factory head unit harness but that is it. By not cutting any wires, it also allows me to go back to factory specs quite easily.

Comment

That'd be what I reccomend. It is pretty easy to run good wire into the doors on these cars. Just go for it, it'll sound betetr in the end to run thick wire anyway. That 18 gauge factory wire is good for nothing. I have 12 gauge sub wire running to my mids! Can't have too big a wire (although bigger than 12 gauge may be oevr kill). And running wires to the speakers in the back seat collums, very easy.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X