2 Stereos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Stereos

I want to put a in-dash tv, the one that looks like a cd-player but the screen comes out, above my pioneer cd-player, How hard would it be to get them to fit and can you hook your speakers up to both stereos?

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

maybe I'm missing something, but... most fold out displays have a built in CD, there are some exceptions but generally all of them that I have seen that have fold out display from your dash are meant to be used as a head unit. You can put more than one head unit in your car, it's a pain and usually more hassle than it's worth. usually the added stereo adds a ground loop (=more alternator whine). If you're unsure of exactly what you're going to more research of the equipment you intend to use and you will likely find that you will not need an additional unit unless it's a changer.
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Actually, it isn't even "2 stereo's"
      at all. The fold out display will have unpowered outputs that input into your deck/amps. It shouldn't have speaker level outputs. There is no internal amplification. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

ahh, so the tv will just have outputs to plug in to cd player. Thats simple.
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Just make sure it has inputs, not all of them do. But for the money you would spend on an in-dash screen, you wouldn't want a junk-deck anyway. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

They one im buying is a alpine but the guys at Car-toys said they could install it on the existing stereo for me so I dont have to bother with it anymore. It has a dvd player built in [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X