JLs BUZZING PART 2!! help me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLs BUZZING PART 2!! help me...

OK so i figured once i get an aftermarket head unit the buzzing would go away! ITS STIlL THErE! MAN i am So pissed off. Just spent 300 dollars!!!!!! The guy is at lunch and im taking it back in 1 hour ...they insisted its not the ground wire...and i noticed it buzzes most when the engine is not running...any help MIKE?????? ahh im going NUTS! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Just wondering, how is your power wire run throuh the engine compartment? Is it from battery straight to firewall? or kind of run across and then back? I have heard massive noise from just that. If you run a power wire over engine components, you can easily get interference. Check on that! Also, are your RCA's run on opposite side of car from power wire. That's a common problm too.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I would still suggest using a set of muting plugs like I mentioned in your first post. This will isolate the problem to the amp power connections or the signal connections. If you put the plugs in, turn on the amp and you still get buzzing, then the problem is probably in the amp power wiring. If you get nothing, then it is probably caused by the signal wires.

Comment

OK FINALLY! We found out it is the fuklng AMP! We put a new one in, and it got fried! Smoke everywhere..but i dont have to worry cuz it was their amp =D. And Best Buy would not return my defective amp because i didnt buy the extended plan..those bastards..so anyway im getting a new amp tomorow..any suggestions? Im running 2 JL audio 12's..thanks for your help guys..

Comment

buy the JL audio 500/1
          It is very clean, and it's made for the subs, I have it and Love it.
          -Steve

Comment

Can you explain in a little more detail what the problem was? From your last post, you said you put in another amp and it was fried?
            <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>We found out it is the fuklng AMP! We put a new one in, and it got fried! Smoke everywhere..but i dont have to worry cuz it was their amp<hr></blockquote>

This sounds like a wiring problem if you fried a brand new amp right away! I'm not saying you are wrong, just trying to better understand the problem and solution for future reference. :D I hope the new amp works well.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
              Can you explain in a little more detail what the problem was? From your last post, you said you put in another amp and it was fried?

This sounds like a wiring problem if you fried a brand new amp right away! I'm not saying you are wrong, just trying to better understand the problem and solution for future reference. :D I hope the new amp works well.
              <hr></blockquote>

ok well..they kept my amp in..and just just placed the one they were testing directly over over it...than we herd 3 POPS frm the subs..and than i saw smoke! Not too sure what caused it..the fuse blew and we put in a new 40 amp fuse.. i think itt should be fine.. BTW how much is that JL AUDIO AMP?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by arnaldo:

ok well..they kept my amp in..and just just placed the one they were testing directly over over it...than we herd 3 POPS frm the subs..and than i saw smoke! Not too sure what caused it..the fuse blew and we put in a new 40 amp fuse.. i think itt should be fine.. BTW how much is that JL AUDIO AMP?
                <hr></blockquote>

Of all the amp installs I've done, I've never heard any pops or seen any smoke. Are you sure you got everything wired correctly?
                Something doesn't sound right if you ask me. JMO.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by megabass:

Of all the amp installs I've done, I've never heard any pops or seen any smoke. Are you sure you got everything wired correctly?
                  Something doesn't sound right if you ask me. JMO.
                  <hr></blockquote>

yea everythin was wokring fine..cept the buzzing... somehow there was short..dont know the cause of it...wiring seems to be ok i guess..need new amp now..now i can sleep with peace of mind =D

Comment

Peace of mind? I think not. If you fried a new amp right away, you are going to fry another new amp right away also. You need to rewire your entire system. Install a new power cable, new remote turn on cable, and a new ground cable. Make sure you fuse the power cable properly as per the new amps requirements and ground properly, using the same size wire for both. Any piece of metal will be fine for the ground, just so long as you scrape off the paint to expose the bare metal.

I don't know if this was covered in the last post because I didn't read it in detail, but have you made sure your subs have an airtight seal? If it's a sealed box, which i'm not sure if it is, it needs to be airtight obviously. If there is a leak somewhere the subs will rattle. To test this push down on the speaker, it should be sorta hard to push down. If it goes down easily or you hear air coming out somewhere, you have a leak and need to install a gasket if you do not have one or put in a new one.

·George·

Comment

I agree with ChameleonGreen! Unless I am not properly understanding the test setup you used, it sounds like you hooked up a new amp and blew it up right away. You gave no mention of what is being done to fix the problem other than hooking up another new amp! Now if that gives you piece of mind, hooking up $100's in new equipment to a questionable setup with an affinity for frying amps, you are a braver man than I :eek: What makes you think that the new amp will behave any different than the test amp you fried!

I hope you take the messages the right way, as I am not trying to insult you. But, from the information you have provided, it does not sound like you have done anything to solve the problem. All you know is that amps pop and buzz and smoke when they are connected to your car [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] .

I would really suggest investigating the wiring in more detail, as ChameleonGreen suggested, before putting another helpless amp [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] in that system!

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

I agree with ChameleonGreen! Unless I am not properly understanding the test setup you used, it sounds like you hooked up a new amp and blew it up right away. You gave no mention of what is being done to fix the problem other than hooking up another new amp! Now if that gives you piece of mind, hooking up $100's in new equipment to a questionable setup with an affinity for frying amps, you are a braver man than I :eek: What makes you think that the new amp will behave any different than the test amp you fried!

I hope you take the messages the right way, as I am not trying to insult you. But, from the information you have provided, it does not sound like you have done anything to solve the problem. All you know is that amps pop and buzz and smoke when they are connected to your car [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] .

I would really suggest investigating the wiring in more detail, as ChameleonGreen suggested, before putting another helpless amp [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] in that system!

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]
                        <hr></blockquote>

OK LISTEN! While testing the new amp, the had placed directly over the old amo, which was still bloted in the trunk of the car. They just sat the new (testing) one on top of it, which cause a short. It never smoked before, or made those pop sounds until he put the test amp. so why do i have reason to belive its something wrong with the wiring if ive had itfor 7 months now and never a pop or smoke untill he placed one amp on top of the other?

Comment

You never said they had the two touching before! You said they set it up over the old one. To me, this didn't sound like you had the two in contact. All you stated was that they hooked up a new amp and it started to smoke. This is why I said:
                          <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Can you explain in a little more detail what the problem was? From your last post, you said you put in another amp and it was fried?<hr></blockquote>
                          It didn't make any sense. And since three of us interpretted your posts the same way, I don't think its just me!Considering the help that people have been trying to give you, why would you snap back when we suggest you check some other things to be safe? We can't read your mind over this board and you never said they shorted the two amps together. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

You never said they had the two touching before! You said they set it up over the old one. To me, this didn't sound like you had the two in contact. All you stated was that they hooked up a new amp and it started to smoke. This is why I said:

It didn't make any sense. And since three of us interpretted your posts the same way, I don't think its just me!Considering the help that people have been trying to give you, why would you snap back when we suggest you check some other things to be safe? We can't read your mind over this board and you never said they shorted the two amps together. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]
                            <hr></blockquote>

Sorry! i was in a rush and sorry for not explaining in full detail..the reason i can sleep is because i know that the buzzing is from the AMp and not the wiring etc..i swear to GOD, if i get this new Amp and it buzzes..IM taking outthe whole fuking system...ill be happy with **** quality with no buzzing..

Comment

Well, to help with the JL amp cost question a while back...When I used to sell them here in town, the 500/1's retail around here was about 500-600 bucks. (don't tell I told you, but cost was about 350).
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X