speeding and speaker buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding and speaker buzz

ok, so maybe i'm going to fast and my car is letting me know it?
    whenever i top 100, and sometimes over 95, even with the radio off, the speakers all start to hum/buzz it's really annoying, but i don't think it's too big of a deal, do you?
    Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

i havent had any problems like that with my car. kinda of odd. do you have an amp installed?

Comment

i have the monsoon system, but i am thinking about installing a jl stealth box with amp...anybody know where i can get one of these?
      Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

Easiest way to fix that? SLOW DOWN! ;)
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Geez! Can anything good come out of a monsoon system!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: arnaldo ]</p>
          2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

hey, i'm not bad mouthing the monsoon system, i think it is one of the, if not the, best factory systems out there. Motor companies never could get moble sound correct! I'm just curious if this was a fluke, or if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them?

I was thinking about trying again to see if it was a power line thing (there were power lines along the road i was on) that cause the interference. Trouble is, there are not that many roads around here that are all beat with potholes or covered in cops.

well, let me know what you all think, thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by arnaldo:
              [QB]Geez! Can anything good come out of a monsoon system!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Wow, are Monsoon Systems that bad? I don't have one (yet), but I was thinking of installing one in my 86 T/A.
              Personally, I think the problem Ike is having may be coming from the electrical interference that the engine produces. I would install a "high quality" noise filter on the pre-radio power wire. I have a sony system that was giving me problems like that, and a cheapo $6.00 radio shack filter did NOTHING. I up-graded to a higher quality filter, and the problem ceased. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=780&I=003S25A This is the filter for $18.95 I bought, and it works Great! Anyway, please let me know if it worked or not, so I can set my mind at ease over this Monsoon problem. Thanx, Marc.
              sigpic

Comment

Is it engine noise coming from the speakers? If so then you might have a problem. That is a possible sign that something is going, that something will probably be your alternator. I haven't heard too many good things about the longevity of delco alternators. Another thought i had is that it might have something to do with your scv(speed controlled volume), try checking all this out, and keep me posted on how it turned out. :D
                231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X