speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speakers

I'm lookin to change my 6.5"'s. Does anybody know any good speakers that have alot of bass???
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

You won't find very many bassy aftermarket 6.5's since they expect you to have a sub for the bass.

Probably some of the best I can recommend are the RKC116 MBQuarts - around $200/pair.

Go listen to some at sound shops, and see what you think - thats the best way to get a good feel for the market. Also, the new JL Coaxils and Components are quite good - but they're a little more if I recall correctly.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

i got PioneerTS-A1795 with the Tweeter horns, they are the oversized 6.5" with a subwoofer and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!1 [img]graemlins/penguin.gif[/img]
      Julian ( <a href=\"mailto:SuprSpdDB7@hotmail.com\">SuprSpdDB7@ hotmail.com</a> ) <p>_^_Proud owner of a Red V6 1996 Camaro_^_<p><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/emo/suprspddb7\" target=\"_blank\">My Car\'s Web Site</a><p>***i souport publik edekasion*** <p>~~~Be nice to your kids They\'ll choose your nursing home~~~ <p>§§§ Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes §§§ <p>¤¤¤Constipated people don\'t give a crap.¤¤¤ <p>†††Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done††† <p>¤¤¤Sex on television can\'t hurt you unless you fall off¤¤¤ <p>If you throw a cat out a car window does it become kitty litter? <p>When you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? <p>Why do we drive on parkways but park on driveways?

Comment

Get yourself some components. Coaxials do not even compage to good components, and you will get a better bass response from components. But like someone else said, DO NOT rely on your speakers to provide bass below 80Hz. You need a sub for 80Hz and down. Diamond Audio, DynAudio, Focal, or Image Dynamics. These are not cheap, however you get what you pay for. Also, the Diamond Audio Hex S600s component 2 way speakers were ranked the BEST in the world. Can't go wrong with hand made German stuff.

·George·

Comment

Agreed, all of those fancy lines sound great, with enough power! The 4th gen F-bodies have spots for an over-sized 6 1/2. So that's somehting to consider, but it's not a big deal. If you want better mids, get a component set. No Coax is going to be quite as clean as a component set. Many good brands out there, go to a shop and listen to what you like. But be careful, they can make ANYTHING sound good in a display, ask to hear them in a car if an employee has them. That will give you a better idea of what they are really like.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

MB Quart 6.5" Reference Mids are solid down to 40Hz.

I got mine off ebay (with the 1" tweeters) for $150 from some guy in germany.

You'll have to find a place to mount the tweeter. Mine are in the grille, I had to drill them. I'll get some pics up when the whole thing is done.

Factory Bose CD Player
            Audiosource EQ
            Soundstream Amp
            JL Audio 10" Sub in drivers side hatch area
            (custom box)
            MB Quart seperates up front

LOVIN IT!
            Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

You can make a component set into a "coax" if you rig up a bridge for the tweeter. Just get some abck strap of some sort and fabricate a mount for the tweeter right over the mid-range speaker. Usually you can make them fit in the same 6.5" spot. Or if you really want "bass", Focal makes a 5 3/8" sub. About 200 bucks a piece, but when you put power to them, they will hang side by side with a normal 10-12"sub. I have seen this done once, and IT ROCKED! You'd have to fabricate an enclosure for them like any sub. But it would be a very small box. Don't laugh at this idea, It is a feature in Car Audio and Electronics this month. You'd have a one of a kind set-up that people find un-orthodox, but it can HIT!
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Would i need a amp for the focal 5 3/8" sub?
                What size if i do need one?
                1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

I personally like the Kappa Perfects as far as 6.5's go gotta love em [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Whenever possible, you're always going to want an external amp rather than power from the HU. HU's tend to distort and clip very easily, this killing the speakers. You can get decent amps for less than $200 online. I've been hearing good things about the JBL 180.2 lately.

·George·

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X