Monsoon Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Compatibility?

I would like to change out my headunit on my camaro, but will my monsoon components (sub, amp) still be able to work through a different head unit? Thank You.
    2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Originally posted by 01MaroIL:
    will my monsoon components (sub, amp) still be able to work through a different head unit?
    Yes. Just buy a dash kit, antenna adapter and a wiring harness. Plug-n-play
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

It will work? As recently as last week I had someone tell me a new head unit would require me to yank the whole monsoon system. Car Toys, Best Buy, and Circuit City all told me this. Plus my brother-in-law who used to work for Car Toys. I am interested now in changing mine out.
      If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

Comment

mine came with the monsoon system and i now have a Sony CDX head unit in..was just a regular install as far as i know [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by PonyPounderV6:
          It will work? As recently as last week I had someone tell me a new head unit would require me to yank the whole monsoon system. Car Toys, Best Buy, and Circuit City all told me this. Plus my brother-in-law who used to work for Car Toys. I am interested now in changing mine out.
          Who you gonna trust? A fellow f-body audio enthusiast? Or a salesman trying to make a living? Seems like they treat all performance stock systems the same. As soon as they hear Monsoon, Bose, Mach, Infinity.... oh you can't touch that. You have to tear everything out and start from scratch. :rolleyes:
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

96firebird311 is absolutely right, once places like B.B. and C.C. here those magic words like "Premium Sound" or "Monsoon" they automatically say it needs rewired. When they said they had to yank the whole Monsoon system JUST to install a new headunit, you should've asked them to explain why.....in detail. lol I would love to hear their explanation.

Anyways, Yes you can install a new aftermarket headunit in our cars and keep the Monsoon system.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Well my brother-in-law is not the kind of guy to try and rip me off. He installed my 10's and amp into my camaro with that GM adapter for free. But maybe he just had that engraved in his head from his days working at Car Toys. Ok so 2nd question...can't I add an adapter to use my steering wheels controls...or at least some of them?
              If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

Comment

Originally posted by PonyPounderV6:
                Ok so 2nd question...can't I add an adapter to use my steering wheels controls...or at least some of them?
                Yes. See the modification encyclopedia.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X