amp bridging quesion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp bridging quesion

Hey I've got a question... I have 2 10" MTX's and was wanting to know if bridging the sub's to this amp would work. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~Camarochic
    <b>97 Black T-top Camaro ~ Sold</b>

Sure it will work just fine. Bridge the left two channels to one sub, and the right two channels to the other sub. You should get 250RMS watts to each sub, I assume its at 4 Ohms but it doesn't say.

Good Luck!!
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Okay, so yes, you 'could use this amp with those two speakers in the way the last person has said. One very important thing for this is that you will need to make sure that each of your 10"s are in a different box (or at least it's own chamber of the same box). Never run more than one speaker in the same enclosure if you are using more than one amp (or more than one channel from the same amp). The two speakers will NEVER fire at EXACTLY the same time. It's hell on the speakers and causes cancellation. It's very likely you'd blow your speakers in a short amount of time. Get an amp which has only two channels that can be bridged to one.

You'll be much better off with only one channel of an an amp running the two speakers. You wont get cancellation that way.

HTH
      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

I agree that you could use this amp on the subs and it will work OK. But I still don't see why you'd want a 4 channel amp to run subs. First of all, you're going to have to bridge the two sets of channels right off the bat. I have never been a fan of bridging amps. It makes them run hotter and puts more stress on them.

I think you'd be better off getting a 2 channel amp or mono amp. If you get a mono amp, you can run your 10s at 2ohms which will typically result in more power output from the amp. Look closely at the power ratings at 2ohms when you look at the specs. My .02

Comment

I would not buy that brand, nor would I buy anything from sounddomain. I have heard bad things about them. How much RMS can those subs handle? For those I would reccommend maybe a Rockford Fosgate 'bd' model amp, or a JBL 'bp' model amp. You could also go with the Sony GDX or something 3001 model. I also suggest buying from www.ikesound.com They have great prices and they honor warranties, i've bought three things from there.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChameleonGreen:
            I also suggest buying from www.ikesound.com They have great prices and they honor warranties, i've bought three things from there.<hr></blockquote>

He has even better prices if you buy off eBay from him. His ebay name is 'scala1', and he has close to 14,000 positive feedbacks. I've ordered from him 7 times and have not been disapointed once. He gets a [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Mike
            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! Btw I sold the MTX's and got 2 10" Planet Audio P105f's (RMS 150w Peak 300w) I'm going to go with a 2 channel amp. What do you guys think about running them off an Power Acoustik SP2X-520 2 channel 125wx2?

Thanks,
              Camarochic [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: camarochic ]</p>
              <b>97 Black T-top Camaro ~ Sold</b>

Comment

What kind of box are those going in? I don't mean to rag on your or anything, but you are going for low level items. Once you get that stuff in there you are going to want more and better, trust me, most of us have. It's much much better to go all out the first time, than to have to spend more money later on. If you'd like to do that let me know and I will reccommend some stuff, you probably would spend no more than $500 tops. If you don't want to do that, that amp might be decent. However, i've never heard anything about that brand good or bad which leads me to think it's not very good. It is however $11 dollars cheaper at ikesound.com than at sounddomain.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChameleonGreen:
                  Once you get that stuff in there you are going to want more and better, trust me, most of us have. It's much much better to go all out the first time, than to have to spend more money later on. <hr></blockquote>

He makes a good point here. You'll spend more money replacing speakers and buying bigger amps than you would if you went full out from the start. Subs are not that expensive. And 125 watts RMS--come on man. You need subs that will handle at least 300 watts RMS and get an amp that has some balls. You'll be more happy that way. Turst us. If you need a box to house the subs, take a look at some of the stuff I build.

Steve
                  www.subthump.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X