Grounding an amp in an Fbody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding an amp in an Fbody

I have my amp on the hump in the hatch above the gas tank and I was wondering where everyone isputting there ground wire on an fbody, this is my first car with a hattch so i dunno where a good spot is, seeing as how ground wire shoudl be a foot and half in legnth no more.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

i think the best place for the ground is where the spare tire is. i think thats the closest metal on metal spot at least.
    \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

Go with the spare tire well ground

Comment

i grounded mine by drilling a the screw into the metal behind the taillights. i have my amp in the empty spot on the drivers-side so it was pretty convienent for me. just my 2 cents.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Dojo2000: Can you please shorten your signature a little? Our informal rule is 10 lines. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

98Bird: I grounded mine on the driverside fender well, in one of the mounting holes for the Bose sub. Picture Check it out, it makes a very good ground, and I have the amp mounted right there so my ground wire is less than a foot long.

-Mike
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

pull back the carpet on the rear of the car near the hatch's latch. the ground for our car is right there and you don't have to remove any paint either.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chemten10:
              pull back the carpet on the rear of the car near the hatch's latch. the ground for our car is right there and you don't have to remove any paint either.<hr></blockquote>

Thats the spot :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

I only used 2.5 feet of ground wire to ground my amps to over on the driverside REAR shoulder seatbelt bolt. Works like a charm. I planned on putting my Nitrous bottle in the spare tire well so i put the ground over by the seatbelt instead.
                2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

I grounded my 4 guage wire to the seatbelt anchor. very good ground [img]smile.gif[/img] it's close to the spare tire well...and you just have to pull up that plastic part on the passenger side to get to it, and it's right there in front of you. It takes a large sized wrench to get the bolt up (can't remember what size, but was the largest i owned) and it's a great ground.

steve

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: red95bird ]</p>
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3.4 M5, Bright Red<br />98 Formula Rims, 98+ taillamps, 99 Z28 exhaust and tips

Comment

yeah, i agree with chemten, i first tried to ground mine on the spare tire well, but it didnt have a positive ground so then i put it there
                    1997 Camaro 30th Anniversary<br />T-tops<br />Black with silver racing stripes<br />17\" Yokohoma tires w/American racing Snipers<br />2-10\" Pioneer IMPP subs with 700 watt Pioneer amp and Pioneer reciever<br />K&N filter<br />Flowmaster cat back exhaust<br />tailight blackouts<br />painted vents<br />***soon to be N20 i HOPE but, I am still deciding***

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X