PS2 In Pass Side Air Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 In Pass Side Air Bag

I got tired of my PS2 in the rear of the car so i talked to my installer and we came up with options and creative places to put it heres the list.

1) Pass Side Air bag, remove all of the air bag and ONLY leave the top cover for it (its a 94) and put small 6'' actuator to the cover. Then put the PS2 under the cover so it will totally be unseen. When it comes time to playing hit a switch and the actuator goes into action and it lifts the cover up, therefore fully exposing the PS2.

2) Get rid of the Pass side air bag and cut the housing in half, get a reversible hinge and put the 2 peices back toghter so that it folds up and down. Get an actuator and attach it to a half of the air bag cover. Hit a switch the actuator goes into action, only half of the air bag cover goes up and only exposes the front of the PS2.

3) Remove air bag from the housing and cut a rectuangular hole on the air bag leaving the face of the PS2 exposed at all times.

Now i tried to explain these options the best i could w/o using pictures or anything. Its easier to picture if you know what the inside of a 94 Camaros like.

Number one or two sound kick @ss! I like the idea of just pushing a button to reveal the Ps2. Good ideas
    99 Pewter Firebird<br />Many mods coming soon....<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/847744\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/847744</a><br /> -----------------

Comment

Neither will work, the PS2 will overheat without proper ventilation.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
      1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
      1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Question:
        Neither will work, the PS2 will overheat without proper ventilation.
        Thats all been worked out, a new duct will be ran up to the PS2. And also 2 fans one to suck in cool air and one to push out the hot air. :cool:

Comment

I'd say go with #1.

I'm against #2 because there will be a seam down the middle of the cover. I guess if you put a lot of work into it, you may be able to get that taken care of, but it'd be a lot easier to just do it as 1 piece. Also with the angle the dash is at, I'd imagine that #1 would be better as far as access to the PS2 goes.

I'm against #3 because then it's easy for someone to see and it could potentially be a magnet for a theft.

I think it's a good idea (unless you have a passenger and are in an accident, but asside from that...). I want to see some pictures posted of the final product.

-Rob
          <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

i am pretty sure that if you do this your driverside airbag wont work. I could be wrong but i would check it out before i did anything.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

I would go with #4, either your living room or bedroom. [img]tongue.gif[/img] #1 is the best of the bunch, but no matter which you choose, you passenger will get the *** end of the whole deal if you get in an accident.
              2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

Why not install it under the passenger side of the dash...with a slide out tray?

Comment

Originally posted by Radguy:
                  Why not install it under the passenger side of the dash...with a slide out tray?
                  i could but thats too simple and it would take up about 3'' or so of leg room, Camaros are already crampped.

Comment

Go with #1 but if your in an accident you'll be in deep #2. (LOL sorry I had too) :D
                    95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

I smoke two joints in the mourning
                      I smoke two joints at night
                      I smoke two joints in the afternoon
                      It makes me feel alright
                      I smoke two joints,
                      in time of peace,
                      and two in time of war
                      I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
                      and then I smoke two more

ahhh, sorry your sig had me jammin some sublime
                      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X