Help on Installation Kit for aftermarket radios - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help on Installation Kit for aftermarket radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Installation Kit for aftermarket radios

I didn't have any problem installing my kenwood with the kit, BUT for the 98+ models,the only thing holding the radio in place is that outer square plastic piece. It dont have any screws or nothing! Someone can easily take my radio just by removing that panel or whatever it is. I always have push it back in place, because sometimes the whole radio almost falls out!! Anybody with the newer model cars should know what I'm talking about. What can I do to make my radio with the kit stay put??
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Your HU should have a cage that surrounds it. This cage locks to the back of the install kit and the radio locks into the cage. This is what I have always seen, I don't know if yours is different or not but it shouldn't be.
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Take the stock (metal) mounting elbows (screwed into the factory deck) and install them on the plastic bracket as shown in the directions with the kit. It is a Metro kit right? Good luck. It's an easy mistake. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X