Amp Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Question

I have a question how much does a good 150x2 amp cost? I don't wanna pay too much for one, i'm needing one for my 2 10's i just got. Any help would be great
    Thanks
    Camarochic
    My '97 Camaro
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    <b>97 Black T-top Camaro ~ Sold</b>

By 150 x 2 you mean RMS power right? That would make the peak power about 250-300 x 2. It might be easier to just get a single channel amp and wire the subs in parallel, that would mean that a single channel amp could push both the subs at a 2ohm impedance.

Anyways, I'm straying off subject. Amp like that can cost anywhere from $180 all the way to about $1000. If you really want to know prices, check out Sound Domain, just pick a brand that you like and browsw the selection. They have pretty good prices, and one of the biggest selections around.

Ask yourself how much you wanna spend, and whether you want SQ or max SPL, and pick the amp appropiate!

Hope that helps!!
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

So a 300watt amp? about 150-300 for a good one.
      What ohm rating are your subs? And are they single or dule voice coils (SVC - DVC)?

I got a nice amp (hifonics 600 watt to power 2 subs with 300 watts each)for about $300 when normally its about $600.

You could search or post this car audio forum.
      Thats where I got my good deal on my amp.
      http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/
      2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

I have my Lanzar vibe amp that will push those 10's for ya, only $90
        let me know
        -Steve

Comment

I wouldn't just go with a low-quality low-cost amp. You're better off to pay a little more for a medium amp than less for a peice of crap.

Actually, Steve's Lanzar sounds like a great deal... I suggest you look into that.

-Mike
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I think I know what I'm going to go with....btw here's what kind of subs I have ------&gt;Planet Audio Sub's
            Thanks
            Camarochic [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: camarochic ]</p>
            <b>97 Black T-top Camaro ~ Sold</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X