RPO codes for monsoon system and '98 Monsoon amp placement.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPO codes for monsoon system and '98 Monsoon amp placement..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPO codes for monsoon system and '98 Monsoon amp placement..

I think I have the monsoon system in my car, but theres no logo on the head unit. Whats the RPO code for the monsoon system with CD?

And on a '98, where is the amp located?

Thanks

A lot of 98 and early 99 f-bodies did have the monsoon system but most people do not realize it. GM did not put the little "monsoon" logo on the HU till late 99-dont ask me why. Anyway, the code for the monsoon CD system is UNO and the code for the monsoon cassette system is ULO. The code is located on the door near the latch when you open it up. Also if you have a speaker on each side of the trim pieces in the back hatch area you have the monsoon system. The monsoon amp is located near the spare tire. Its actually behind it. It is hard to find. It is mounted on the other side of the black plastic panel behind the spare. If you see a black thing with wires going to it, thats it. Hope this helps.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Dont' any non-Monsoon-ers have the two speakers in the back? I have a 97 with the standard Delco from the factory, but i had the back speakers working. I've had the spare out numorous times and have never seen an amp back there. Plus my codes are UN0 and U27.

Not that it matters much, i've added two amps, sub and all new speakers anyways [img]smile.gif[/img]
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I have been told that the non-monsoon systems either have only one speaker in the hatch or dont have any. I cant remember which one. I could be completely wrong here though. Even with the spare tire out the monsoon amp is hard to notice. Right behind the spare tire above the wheel well you will see a piece of flat black plastic mounted vertically. On the opposite side sits the monsoon amp. You would never know its there unless your looking for it. Reach your hand back there and you will feel it.

If you have the code UNO, as do I, then you have the Monsoon system with the CD HU.
        <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

I'll have to check. I know my alarm sensor is mounted there, i've seen that [img]smile.gif[/img]

I thought the RS came with the Monsoon, and the factory system did sound really good for factory, but i needed my sub!

Thanks...
          1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SunsetOrange98Camaro:

If you have the code UNO, as do I, then you have the Monsoon system with the CD HU.
            <hr></blockquote>

I do indeed have this code. I will now search for the Monsoon amp.

EDIT: Well, it was right there behind the spare just like Orange said it was. Thanks guys.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: PiLOTLiTE ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X