Monsoon Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Amp

According to my dealer invoice sheet, I have a 500 watt Monsoon amp, this is true, I have seen the amp. I am replacing the head unit and need to know what wires power the Monsoon amp. I have two connectors on the back of the stock head unit. My conversion kit only has one plug in. Does anyone know what the other plugin is for? I do not have steering wheel controls. Basically, I need to know which wire powers the Monsoon amp. Anyone know?
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

I don't think that you can hook up the monsoon amp to an aftermarket stereo. You might just have the power the speakers off the HU instead, or just buy a real amp.

Good Luck!
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I wasn't sure, two streo shops I have spoken to told me the Monsoon amp accepted speaker level inputs, I was also told that Monsoon head units only had one plug in, and that I may have an Odyssey system. I definately have two plug ins on the back of the head unit, but it does not say Monsoon on the head unit. Thanks for the input though. I am still going to try and hook up the Monsoon amp. Anyone know the wiring?
      97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

If you open your door and look on the side with the latch there should be a code ULO or UNO I believe. I think ULO stands for cassette monsoon system and UNO stands for CD monsoon system. At least this is true for the 98's. I didnt think I had the monsoon system either until I found out about these codes and found the amp. GM didnt actually put the "monsoon" emblem on the HU's till the late 99 model f-bodies came out. As far as the two connectors you have in the back one of them could be for the cd changer. Most f-bodies were prewired for the changer whether you actually got one or not. The harness starts at the HU and goes to the rear panel in the hatch on the drivers side. I believe the monsoon amp does have speaker level inputs because there are no rca's connected to it. You can run the monsoon system off of an aftermarket HU but you have to buy an adapter to make it work. Hope this helps.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: SunsetOrange98Camaro ]</p>
        <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

The only speakers that came on when I hooked up my kenwood were to tweeters. I never could find my monsoon amp. I checked where the dealer told me to look and it wasn't there. I had to bypass it and connected the tweeter and high and mid speakers together.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Sunset Orange is right, I did a little research for ya. The amp will work with aftermarket HU but not aftermarket speakers. One plug is for the amp, and the other is for the CD changer.
            <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Cool...I am running the front speakers...Soundstream's off the new HU and want to leave the rear ones on the Monsoon. Now if I can just find which wires power the monsoon amp I am all set. Maybe my ever so unhelpful Pontiac Dealer can find out. (I doubt it. lol)

Thanks Reverend...maybe I will be able to meet you at our next Venom GTG.

Comment

I have no idea which wires are for the monsoon amp. The only advice I can give you is to look at the wiring harness going into the amp. Its behind your spare tire if you didnt already know. That might give you an idea of which wires power it.
                <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X