remote starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote starter

Has anyone added a remoter starter to an M5, was wondering on prices and decent brands. Thanks in advance
    96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

if you find a place to install it ....... lol
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

what would be the problem with that, there are several electronics stores that install pretty much everything around here
      96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

Comment

Originally posted by whitefirebird96:
        what would be the problem with that, there are several electronics stores that install pretty much everything around here
        M5 is not safe to install it on and no place will do it cuase of law suits
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

some places will for cash under the table, no receipts.

Clifford makes a M5/M6 remote starter, its expensive, but has a safety lockout procedure to make sure your car is not in gear, similar to a turbo timer, that the car runs, until you leave the car, and lock it. Price around $500 not sure if thats installed or not.

Ryan
          1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

found one at designtech-intl.com, had a friend who had installed a couple for other people. Comes with lock/unlock, and trunk pop, PLUS, remote start for manual with safety switch, only 200. If anyone is interested, should look there first

Comment

Some other "manual" capable remote starters to check out.Remote Start 1

remote start 2
              2006 Tiburon

Comment

both good choices too, thanks. BTW has anyone installed a remoter starter and/or keyless entry and can offer some advice for it, whether it was on a manual or an auto. Appreciate it in advance

Comment

In most states it illegal anyway plus It's not safe, I dont care what kind of lockout it has. A guy pulled up to my work one day in his crossfire to get a part. the was a 6 spd with the remote starter and it almost went thru the dealership. I wouldn't do it.
                  2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

read this and see what you think still http://www.designtech-intl.com/Conte...nual_units.htm

Comment

i also have a related question. the remote that came with my camaro has a remote start button, and the owner said that it worked, but when i use it just the stereo turns on, and then turns off when i open the doors. then it screws with the whole alarm system because it turns back on when i close the doors and i have to open the car, turn on the accesories and turn them back off again to make it stop. maybe he had the alternator replaced and i have to reset it or tune it? also there are two "option" buttons on the remote, i want to make them trunk pop and, well, i dont know what to do with the other one. point is, can this be done at home or do i need to go to a specialty shop? :-\

**go easy on the n00b**

Comment

Most likely the reason why your stereo is coming on when you hit the 'remote start' button to "start" the car is because the 'alarm/remote start unit' sends power to your 'accessories' so they can work, even though the key isn't in the ignition. The purpose of this is so that you can say..leave your Heat or A/C "on" and get into a warm or cool car. Remote starts also have a couple safety features that will automatically shut the engine off/cut off all power to the accessories that it activated. Opening a door (without using the remote to un-arm the alarm if equipped with an alarm or without using the remote to un-lock the doors if equipped with just a stand alone remote starter-keyless entry unit) will turn off the engine/accessories. Other standard safety features on remote starts are if you step on the brake pedal (without the keys in ignition) while the remote start feature is on, the engine/accessories will turn off.

Does your car even "start" with the remote? As far as wanting to pop your hatch with the remote, you need to find out if that feature on the 'alarm/remote start unit' was even wired up to the hatch. If you can still get a hold of the previous owner, ask him where he had the alarm installed so you can take it there to have them fix things. Honestly, if you're a noob to alarms and remote starts, I wouldn't recommend that you mess with it at all. Lots of wires :D
                        2006 Tiburon

Comment

1) even when i unlock the car with the remote unlock the stereo shuts off when i open the car.

2) the engine wont start. previous owner told me he had replaced alternetor/starter or something, and it needed to be reset.

3) what do you think i can use the 2nd option for?

thanks for the security info. i think tomorrow i will go out and do a full report on how the thing works.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X