Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew Door Speakers. What to get?

My door speakers are blown up.....

Anyways, I have the Monsoon sound system and I'm guessing that the door speakers are 6 1/2's? Correct if I'm wrong.

I plan on putting a better system in when more money comes but can you guys suggest a nice bumpin' quality 6 1/2 to replace the stock monsoon speakers? Money isnt really an object since I only have to buy 2 speakers at the moment.

THANKS!
    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

6.5'' oversized aka 6.75'' speakers. I was running kicker comp's. I think they also make that size in a regular 2 or 3 way speaker.
    2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Firebird's
      Camaro's

*cough* sticky *cough*
      1999 A4 Firebird<br />Mods coming soon-

Comment

No suggestions on new speakers can really be made until you either install a separate amp or a high-powered aftermarket headunit to drive them. Your factory door speakers are 2-ohms whereas any replacement speakers you buy are going to be all 4-ohms. Can you still hookup 4-ohm speakers to the Monsoon Amp in that location?...Yes you can; however, they will only receive roughly half of the Monsoon Amp's power output.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by EolGul:
          Firebird's
          Camaro's

*cough* sticky *cough*
          It will be added in the FAQ shortly. Waiting on admin. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

I'd recommend component speakers in the front, or at least 3-ways. They sound much better and are very clear. I shy away from Japanese speakers just because they tend to wear out. When choosing speakers, go with American or German manufactured brands. Also, pay attention to the RMS rating and sb level. Generally, the higher these numbers, the louder they are. Some companies I like are Audiobahn, Infinity, JBL, Rockford Fosgate, and MB Quart. If you don't miond spending money, MB Quart makes fantastic components that are hand made by German engineers. Can't beat that!

Comment

but what if you want to stay with factory.. getting too old for the boom that shakes the room

i just want to replace one bad door speaker thats it.

any suggestions

Comment

Again!!!!!! The factory Monsoon Amp was designed to be hooked up to a '2-ohm speaker' in the doors whereas any replacement speakers you put in there are going to be 4-ohm. There's really nothing more to be said about how the Monsoon system works; it's cut and dry.

I guess if all you're looking for is just a quick easy fix, just go ahead and toss in any old 6-1/2" coaxial speaker and be done with it. Anything is better than blown-out burnt to a crisp factory speakers.
                2006 Tiburon

Comment

get the boston acoustics z series ;) there sweet i want to get them, went to an audio place to hear em they are so clear crisp and loud lol but i guess they would be for 1,000.00

Comment

Just get a set of 6.5" audiobahn 3-ways. You can get them on ebay cheap, plus shipping. Easy install.

Comment

How do you all feel about kenwood systems we have a kenwood outlet here in atlanta

Comment

If you want to stick with the factory speakers until you upgrade the whole system, I have both front monsoon door speakers for sale. They're out of an '02 and are in perfect condition. let me know.
                        2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X