adding a gm keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a gm keyless entry

my 2000 firebird is not equiped with a keyless entry system. i've researched and found several different gm systems. i haven't however, found any specs on the different systems. does anybody know where i can find out what the differences are in a vss 2000, vss 2200, and a vsc 3000? my local dealer wasn't much help, he didn't have any paperwork or specs on it.

im in the same boat

Comment

you know APC makes this kit for undercar neons
      its a rtemote system so you can turn it on.. I was thinking someone could wire it to their locks and have keyless entry.. Just an idea.. I found this part at walmart for like 25 bucks and bought it because i thought it was interesting... It has two places to connect under car neons.. I think its pretty cool and it can be easily wired to the locks.. I'll try to get the part number or link..
      Mystic Teal Metallic
      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

its called "Remote Controlled Light Harness Kit" I couldnt find any info online for it
        Mystic Teal Metallic
        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Was wondering if you could incorporate a remote start with the unlock feature if you added an aftermarked unit to do the remote start
          96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

Comment

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the vss 2000, vss 2200, and a vsc 3000, but i am going to tell you what i did. I have a 2002 camaro it didn't have power windows mirrors or locks, and no keyless. I wanted everything to be stock so i went on ebay and bought a wire harness and mirror motors and window motors and locking mechanism and added everything worked perfectly and with factory switches it looked stock. For the keyless i found a person on ebay sorry but couldn't find the seller or item that was selling a replacement BCM(body control module) and two remotes. That is what you need to replace to get a factory keyless system. It will also add a alarm, no shock sensor. One of the main problems is that the BCM is also the unit that controls the vats so you need to either find a BCM with the same vat number as you key or buy a different key, or as i did the seller could configure it to whatever vat, still unsure how he did this because gm said the vat can't be changed, can only be set once. By the way the BCM is located above the front passanger leg area on the right side.
            2002 v6 camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X