Speaker issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker issues

Can someone tell me why.. if i change my speakers in a 2001 they will only play bass unless i buy a aftermarket radio and buypass a amp. i have monsoon on my radio but it does not have a amp or anything i just have the stock system with 2 doors and 2 midpanel nothing special but i know i dont have a high power system

You have a 2001 what? Firebird or Camaro?

If all you have is just a 'standard' factory system, it won't just play lower frequencies, it will play both high and low. However, if you do have the Monsoon system, the Monsoon amp has a built in crossover which only sends lower frequencies to some of the speakers like the 6-1/2" subs in back.

You say your stereo says "Monsoon" on it, did you replace it with a Monsoon unit or did it come factory with the car? To confirm if you have a monsoon system for sure or not, remove the spare tire and look for the factory amp. (black box tucked inside the fender).
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

the black box is there.. i have seen it plenty of times. but i dont have 8 speakers in my camaro . i just want to replace one speaker.. crutchfield
      states that the speaker will only play bass if i buy an aftermarket speaker

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X