Monsoon Headunit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Headunit.

OK guys i need to get this answer. Ive got a Monsoon Cd player out of a 2000 camaro and i was wondering if it will work in a 96 Camaro. Is the Dash and wiring all the same? or is it a lost cause. Ive probably got my dads monsoon sold if i knew the answer to those 2 questions. ANY replies would be appreciated THANKS!
    2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Well i read down a little further and somone asked about a 2000 monsoon into a 97 but the only reply was uncertain. SOOO does somone have a "FOR SURE" answer. Sorry i should have done a search first :D
    2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

TTT

Comment

just bought a 2000 firebird cd monsoon receiver and it fit nice in my 97 camaro. Only thing is the brackets are different. just make custom ones. i am not sure if the 96 are the same as a 97 tho [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

The interiors are different on the 96 and 2000 so the fit might be an issue. There is a small curve to the passenger side of the radio trim panel opening that my cause some issues. Also, what kind of system is in the 96? Is it a Monsoon system? I don't remember when GM switched from Bose to Monsoon. I don't know if a Monsoon head unit can power a Bose system but I doubt it. And the Monsoon won't power a system that needs the head unit to power the speakers, because it is designed to work with the external amp in your car.

Comment

96 is still the bose, i was going to buy it off Jason but i asked this one guy who said he worked for GM, and said it would not work. Has anyone tried it, if it will work i will buy it off Jason.
            <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

C'MON, Someone has to know im going CRAZY!
              <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

TTT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X