Stealth boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth boxes

Any of you guys here using the JL Stealth box? I'm seriously considering getting one so I can use my t-top storage area again. Can get it with a JL 10" W0 or W3. Which of those is better and is it even worth changing from my MTX 12"?
    2000 3.8 is gone... 1999 Trans Am is here!<p>SLP lid, CAI, Smooth Bellows, Loudmouth exhaust, Hotchkis STB

the stealth box ROCKS... I considered getting it, but it was too much for me and I got street pilot and a Basslink instead... but get the w3, it handles 250W and the w0 only is around 100 or so, the box usually runs around $350 w/ a sub inside it, also many places charge around 100 bucks to install it... its a relatively hard install b/c of where it needs to be bolted, but I see no reason why lots of velcro wouldnt be just as good.... also, the amp will run about 250+ bucks but you may already have that...

Comment

Redbird, I actually have a JL Stealth box in my car right now. It has the 10" Pioneer Nickle-plated sub in it right now. Sounds great. The thing is, I'm actually looking to sell it. It's not in bad shape, it's just that I'm looking to get two 10's or 12's for the back and taking OUT my t-top storage space. I saw that 93v6firebird said that it runs about $350 with a sub already in it. If you could go $250 (if you're interested) I'd sell you my box and sub already inside. Trust me, this sub is way bada$$ and can handle lots of power. I've never had any problems with it, I'm just looking to go bigger with my sound. Email me if you're interested.

Thanks
      Scott
      SM2SWEET@excite.com
      1999 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro<br />with some stuff done to it

Comment

I prefer the W3, but the W0 needs less power. Both are great subs, and the stealth box rocks!
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

sm2sweet, would you be willing to sell just the JL Stealth box without the sub, if its not already sold?? I might be interested in it if the price is right. I have the MTX Thunderform and I dont like the way it fits. All the pics I have seen of the JL box look awesome. No gaps or anything like that. But I love the MTX 6000 sub in the box so I want to keep that. Let me know.
          <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Hey sm2sweet. What type dual sub box you looking to get? I have a great design with a couple nice features on the boxes I build. I can match the interior with the vinyl covering and the box will "flip" up to allow access to the lower part of the well. Also leaves room for amps to be stored under the box. Sorry, can't fit the Ts though in case anyone is wondering. Take a look! :eek:

Steve
            www.subthump.com

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: megabass ]</p>

Comment

To answer your original question:
              Yes, I love the stealth box! Im sportin the JL 10W6 and its quite nice! Ive got a 200 watt Memphis pushing it, and its smooth. I upgraded from a Kenwood 8'' tube. The Kenwood seemed to have a lower hit, but the JL is stronger!

I love it. Just giving my .02
              Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X