Whining noise??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining noise??

I have a whining noise which seems to be coming from my speakers. It goes up and down with engine speed. I've had my alternator and battery tested, and both seem to be ok. One thing though--a couple of times, when I turned off the ignition, the radio completely turned off and all my gauge needles jumped all the way up, then went all the way back down again.. WTF???

[ December 07, 2004, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Phat3800 ]
    --chris--

seems like a wiring issue. have u installed an aftermarket HU or an amp / subs ?? mine has the whine too. gets high with higher revs and it started to happen after i installed my (cheap) amp and (cheap) subs (at least it bumps now :D ).
    Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

If you installed an aftermarket system then it is most likely a bad ground. Try moving it.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Nope--same crappy stock system...
        --chris--

Comment

Go behind the radio and run the factory ground to another, better, ground. May help to wrap the wire in foil also. Hell, wrap the whole wiring harness to the stereo in foil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
            Go behind the radio and run the factory ground to another, better, ground.
            :Thumbs up graemlin: :D
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X