(Little Help) Security System or Starter? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Little Help) Security System or Starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Little Help) Security System or Starter?

1994 Firebird V6 starts intermittently. Turn the key and get all the lights, but no crank. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. All that did was give me an "LOC" code in the radio head (AM/FM Cassette). I don't know what to do about that either. Disconnected the battery aganin and pulled the starter. It took me about an hour to figure out that I was not getting the starter to drop with the exhaust system in the way. So I re-installed the wires and bolted the starter back up in its hole just like new. The car started as if nothing was wrong about 4 times then went back to it's old ways. Just for grins I repeated the removal and re-installation of the starter. The car started again once and here I am. I don't have a clue as to what is going on with this vehicle.

[ December 06, 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: mjhelofe ]

Your starter solenoid is going bad.(located on the starter) I did a quick search at Autozone.Com and they run $29.99. Or you can just replace the entire starter which comes with a new solenoid for $69.99.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

Read this LINK on how to un-lock your stereo.
      2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X