Amp suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp suggestion?

I just won myself two MTX Thunder 6000 series 10 inchers on ebay. So now I'm looking for an amp and the proper setup to make then hit.

here are the specs I belive.

Imped. - 4 Ohms
    Frequecy - 31hz-150hz
    Peak Music Power - 500 watts
    Power Handeling (RMS/Total) - 150/500
    Sensitivity - 85.2dB
    Voice Coil - 2"

Ok.. so what amp should I use to run these two? What type of setup.. and why and what the hell are u talking about [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] . Also what does RMS mean/do? I want the most thump for the bump [img]smile.gif[/img] Basically I want these to hit as hard as they can just under the breaking point (I !!DO NOT want to blow them).

Please help me and give me good advice.. I'm new to car audio... well audio in general. PLZ

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: JVT007 ]</p>

Ok first off, how much money are you willing to spend? Hifonics Son of Boltar I think will be good to power these, just make sure you turn the gain down, as it is 350Wx2 I think, plus it will allow you to grow. I personally think that Hifonics makes some pretty good stuff. Since you want longivity out of these speakers, I would suggest putting them in a sealed box, which helps them last longer, and will also hit cleaner and harder. But it won't be as loud as a ported box.
    To answer your question about RMS. RMS (Root Means Square) is the way they measure the constant power of an amplifier. Basically it is constant power the amp is capable of putting out(or speaker being able to handle). Max power is how much the amp is capable of putting out (or speaker being able to handle) for a few seconds. Like when your listening to a song, and you get a really loud bass note thats louder than the other notes. It's going to need that extra umph of power to hit that note. I believe that this is correct, at least thats how it was explained to me. If you have any more questions, I would be happy to help you out. My aim name is scandore8472.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I'm looking to put together the best system for the elast amount of money. So I'm looking for amp under 150.. the least amount possible ya know :-P

So you think a 350x2 would be sufficent?

Comment

Under $150 huh?.... Hmmmmm Maybe the JBL BP600.1? It'll put out nearly 700W RMS at 2 ohms and is stable down to 1. Although, it lacks a few features (subsonic filter, etc.) that a more expensive amp would normally have. But it is very trustworthy... and cheap! Check Ebay. You should be able to find one brand new from a decent dealer for around $160-170.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

what is 600.1 is that one channel? don't I need two for two subs?

Comment

I think 350x2 is too much for 150 watt rms subs.

MTX 4244 is 120x2 and mtx's generally will test higher than rated. So that would put you close to the max rms of the subs. And you should be able to get it off ebay in the 150-250 range new.

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/pro...hunder4244.cfm

I'm actually running my ALUM10(pulls 3 ohm) off a bridged rear channel of a MTX 4244 and I've had no problems.

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
            Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
            "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
            http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JVT007:
              what is 600.1 is that one channel? don't I need two for two subs?<hr></blockquote>

Yes, it is a 1 channel amp. Meaning "for sub use"!
              :D You wire the subs together and then to the amp. This is where you hear people talk about "1 ohm loads" or "wired my subs in parallel or series". I believe your subs come with Dual 8 ohm or a Dual 4 ohm voice coils (DVC). Which ever one you have, the JBL will suite you nicely. You will have plenty of power. Keep the gains low for now to prevent blowing them. And if you should decide to upgrade in the future, you'll have that extra bit of power. 650 Watts RMS for $170 is about the best you'll find.
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X