6x9 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x9 install

Alright. So I am planning to use some Infinity 6x9s from my old car in the back of my firebird. I have the monsoon system with the 4inch woofer component system in the back. So im think im just gonna leave those speakers in their spot and run the wires to two seperates 6x9 boxes which i can position anywhere in the car. I'm planning to cut out the original wire harness (i hope im refering to this correctly. the "plug" that goes from the wires to the set of speakers.), add some speakers wire onto them and hook them up to my boxes? There is a black wire, and a white wire. Which one is hot and which is cold? Any tips in general?
    Bone stock V6 3.8L auto. Exhaust on the way, then intake, and tranny kit.

The little tweeters way in the back are powered off of the headunit and the 4" speakers are powered off the Monsoon Amp; both speakers are 4-ohms each. I would leave the tweeters hooked up and just use the wires that hook up to the 4"'ers.

4" speaker wire color codes:
    Left Rear + (Red)
    Left Rear - (Purple)
    Right Rear + (White)
    Right Rear - (Grey)

Here's a generic wiring diagram showing which speakers are being powered off of the amp and the head unit.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

okay. well im not sure if it makes a difference, but it turns out my system is the "delco" system. But it has the same dimensions as the monsoon system. 10 speakers and all. Does that mean a different amp set up? by the way, where is the amp?
      Bone stock V6 3.8L auto. Exhaust on the way, then intake, and tranny kit.

Comment

Yeah there is an option that's not called the Monsoon but rather a 10-speaker system with an amp. It's the same exact thing as the Monsoon; that's what I have. You'll find the amp located just above where the spare tire is stored. It's a black box.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Bud, if I were you, I'd get a set of 3-ways and just pull the old 4s and tweeters out of the back and throw them the hell out. If you have a dremel tool, you can cut a nice 6x9 panel out and mount the speakers in where the old ones were. I've seen it done before, and it looks pretty cool, and sounds great. The three ways will make up for the tweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by 99firebird44:
            ...just pull the old 4s and tweeters out of the back and throw them the hell out.
            Good call. Or just leave the speakers out, of any kind, out all together
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X