Monsoon is screwy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon is screwy?

Some guys on this message board a while back told me that something on the Monsoon was screwy and not to replace it.
    I've forgotten exactly but does anybody care to elaborate?
    I think they are 1 ohm speakers but, what do I do if I want to change my speakers and add more speakers (maybe 2-4 tweeters).
    I also want to keep my factory receiver. (It looks clean)

Thanks [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    2000 Light Pewter Metallic<br />RIP...15FEB03

The only thing that I can think is screwy about the monsoon system is the way the speakers are connected to the system. You cant just replace your door speakers if you dont like them. Heres how the monsoon system works. In the doors you have component speakers. The tweeters run of off the HU while the woofers run off of the monsoon amp in the spare tire well. In the back seat the woofers run off of the amp. And in the hatch the I think Firebirds have components and Camaros have coaxial but Im not sure about that. I guess if you wanted to replace the door speakers you could buy components and run them like the stock system does but then you couldnt use the crossovers that come with the speakers. The best thing to do if you want to replace the speakers and/or the HU is to buy an adapter called PAC OEM-1. This adapter allows you to replace the HU and still use the stock speakers or keep the HU and add an external amp to run your own speakers off of. This is what I did. My system is in the sig. I hope this answers your question.
    1998 Camaro 3.8<br />Bone Stock<br /><br />Stereo:<br />-Stock HU<br />-PAC OEM-1<br />-MTX Thunder 4244 Amp<br />-Kicker RS6 component speakers in doors<br />-MTX Thunderform<br /><br />Soon to come:<br />-MTX 4250D Amp<br />-Kicker F6.5c subs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X