mid-range sail panel spekaers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid-range sail panel spekaers????

For those of you that had the premium monsoon system or Bose sound system in your cars it sounds good as you know. Now I'm wanting to start swaping out the stock speakers with some that sound hella better. I want to start wtht the 6.5's in the sail panels for the mid-range. I dont know too much aoubt aftermarket stereo equipment as I do aftermarket performance parts and appearance mods. So what woudl be a good mid-range 6.5 to replace the stock speakers with. I was thinking of some Cadience mid-ranges. Just want sometin that will have a better thatn stock bass quaility and sound, but not way to expensive. Your thoughts are a ppreciated, thanx.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

If you do in fact have the Monsoon system, you won't be able to just simply swap in some new speakers.

The speakers you are talking about (the ones located on the sides where the rear-passengers sit) are dual voice coil (4-OHM each) subwoofers. The factory Monsoon Amp only sends lower frequencies to those speakers. You run into more problems if you want to replace the speakers in the doors because they are 2-OHM's whereas aftermarket speakers are 4-OHM.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

i have been looking into this a little more lately since my friend wants more bass without really adding a sub. I think the best choice for what you are asking for would be a JL6W0. they get into some pretty low frequencies for a 6" sub and can handle 75wrms. They are 4ohm subs but i think they would handle the 2ohm load.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
        They are 4ohm subs but i think they would handle the 2ohm load.
        &lt;--- Confused
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
          I think the best choice for what you are asking for would be a JL6W0. they get into some pretty low frequencies for a 6" sub and can handle 75wrms. They are 4ohm subs but i think they would handle the 2ohm load.
          I used to own a pair of JL12W1 back in the day. I loved JL Audio.

Anyway, I have the Monsoon stereo in my '99 Camaro and the rear seat panel speakers are getting worse everyday. I am very interested in the JL6W0 you mentioned. How much does a set of those run?
          1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

A 'single voice coil' (4-ohm) sub will only make the Monsoon Amp see 4-ohms. It will work but you'll only get roughly half the power out of the amp since it's designed to run at 2-ohms. The speakers create the 2-ohm load, not the Monsoon Amp. To keep using the factory amp, you need to find a 'dual voice coil' (4-ohms per coil) sub. Even if someone made a 'single voice coil' (2-ohm) sub, it still wouldn't work because there are TWO pairs of wires going to each sub.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv:
              So what woudl be a good mid-range 6.5 to replace the stock speakers with. I was thinking of some Cadience mid-ranges. Just want sometin that will have a better thatn stock bass quaility and sound, but not way to expensive. Your thoughts are a ppreciated, thanx.
              Firebird's
              Camaro's
              ^Read
              1999 A4 Firebird<br />Mods coming soon-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X