When bass hits, cd skips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When bass hits, cd skips

Welp, got the boom, and it hits super hard, so hard that it makes my NEW cd player skip, anything i can do to stabilize it more to make it not do this? I have a changer in the trunk right next to the subs and it doesnt skip, so i'm woundering if something is loose, i'm thinking of putting somethign underneath the HU so it wont shake as much, any suggestions or help is always, greatly appreciated
    -steve

Mine does the same thing under 2 conditions. When it's really cold, and when there's a scratch or fingerprints on the CD. It is REALLLY freaking annoying, and I'm sure I don't need to explain that to you.

I'm sure there has to be a way to stabalize it, but I don't know how. Anyone else?
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

yeah, it's been totaly cold around here, and when it's cold i've noticed my sony unit tends to skip more than normal. hrmmm
      but i love the bass!!!
      -Steve

Comment

You can buy thin rubber spacers that fit under the head unit and absord some of the vibration.
        94 maro<br /> mods? ummmm..... one or two.<br />some people see the bottom of our soceity as a product of the system,But the system is a product of our society. It cant be changed because we dont want it to change. all you can take is grab ahold of what ever advatages you get and live life to the fullest. Be happy, lifes too short

Comment

My unit's a Sony, too! I wonder if it's just a Sony thing... ya think? I have the Sony Xplod CDX4500.
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

It's just a Sony thing. They have a small skipping problem under heavy vibrations, like bass hits and stuff! All you can do is try and mount the player better.

I just thought of something else. Back when Eclipse players had skipping problems under heavy bass hits, they came up with an intersting solution. take out the Cd player and run a power wire DIRECTLY from the CD player to the battery. Soemthing about battery drain was dirupting the power signal under heavy bass hits. By bypassin the wiring harness they were able to solve the problem, more or less anyways.

Just my .02
            <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

It IS just a sony thing. I have a friend who has the newest sony head unit and 3 12"s in a hatchback. Skips ALL the time. But it only does it on CDs, the radio is fine. I say this because Reverend mentioned the power wire. If that was the case then the radio would "skip" as well. Infact, the whole face would go blank if the power was getting disrupted. Correct?
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

hrm....

Comment

my friend had the same problem, and he an alpine reciever. he had 2 change his reciever so it wouldn't skip anymore. so that's all i know you can do.

sorry bro

--pete
                  <b>RIP:</b> 1995 green firebird <br /><br />\'00 bird soon to come...

Comment

My Clarion unit is great, only skips under severe railroad track bouncing or speedbumps taken at triple the restraintment speed :D
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

the key to all problems is not to buy a sony.
                      even there most expensive deck skips i work at circuit city and every one of my road shop emplyee's frown when he see's that some one wants a sony installed. they have the best skiping technology
                      1995 trans am

Comment

my kenwood excelon x717 has never skipped, railroad tracks, cold weather, heavy bass, nothing can make that thing skip. i love it :D .

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Kenwood [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the help guys, keep it coming, i really dont care which models dont skip or whatnot, the point is, mine does, and i want to know how to reduce it.
                          -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> i really dont care which models dont skip or whatnot, the point is, mine does, and i want to know how to reduce it. <hr></blockquote>

I'm assuming this is a songle DIN sized unit right? It has the gap above and beneath the HU? Try and put foam or rubber or anything in there to try and stop it from moving.

Does it skip when driving over bumps, or just when the bass hits?

1.) Mount the player very securly. (Weld it if you have to!! j/k)
                            2.) Run the power wire directly from the player to the Battery.
                            3.) check out the Sounddomain forum and see how they soved the problem.
                            4.) Buy a different HU that doesn't skip.

Make sure you use a non scratched CD when testing this stuff out. After all is said and done, it may just be the sensetivity of the laser which is causin all these problems. Hope that helps!

[ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: Reverend_Ezekiel ]</p>
                            <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X