Tweeter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeter question

I bought this on ebay, and the opening is only 5/8" round. I have power mirrors and I would like to install a tweeter in the opening. What kind of tweeters should I go with?
    I also have the passenger side trim piece, and I'm trying to come up with a way of making it look similar. I'm going to try some Bondo and then sanding it into shape. There was a guy who sold the two of them as a set that were molded with speakers, but he doesn't make them anymore.

This gives me something to do during the next few rainy days we are having.
    sigpic

Most tweeters come with adapters which allow you to either flush or surface mount them. How much room do you have behind that new trim panel you just bought on Ebay? If there is enough room (and if there is enough "flat" surface) you could use a dremel and cut out a larger hole on the trim piece to drop a tweeter in it. I wouldn't do any modifcations though till you actually have your tweeters and the adapters.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

There really isn't much space to work with, but I bet I can get about 1/8" bigger before it starts to look ghetto. It's not a flat mount, it's sorta rounded. I'll have to think of a way to get the speaker to hold if I drill it out a bit more.
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X