Remove Head Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Head Unit

Hello, I need to remove my stock head unit so that I can hook up an amp. How do I go about taking it out?
    Thanks!

I have an 02, and it is a very easy process. You just pop/pry off the plastic border around the head unit/hvac controls, and there will be 2 screws exposed that hold in the head unit. Just unscrew them and the head unit slides out. Disconnect the wires and you are ready to put your new one in
    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Is that the same as a 96? Or is there a difference? Sorry I forgot to say that mine was an older one.
      Thanks,
      Dustin

Comment

Yes, its the same. Although I think I had 3 screws, not sure (and not much of a difference). If it doesn't come out easy with all the screws unscrewed, pull it hard. Since the antenna cord is short, it may have to be disconnected before the head unit will come out. Sometimes its hard to get out, so don't be shy.
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Ok thanks! Does anyone know where a wiring diagram can be found for this radio?
          Thanks again

Comment

The Modifications Encyclopedia has it.
            <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Thanks again. I have one final question I bought a line output converter, and I need to know how many watts the stock head unit is? Does anyone know?
              Thanks agian.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X