Pic Request: Camaro gauge installs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Request: Camaro gauge installs

i need to add a couple gauges for some uhh......"bolt-ons", and I was wondering where you fellow 4th gen guys have put yours? I am considering doing the a-pillar setup. any suggestions?
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

My advice to you is do not mount them on the A-pillar unless of course you love the attention from street racers. As soon as I mounted mine in my Contour, if a street racer pulled up beside me at a light they were guaranteed to rev their motor at me wanting to challenge me. When they saw I was too mature to take them up on the offer, they got mad and one actually followed me around until I got tired of it and called the cops to come pull him over. All because I was monitoring my oil pressure, charging system, and fuel pressure. Yeah, those gauges gave me 30+ fwhp. Give me a break. But oh well. I won't do that mod in the Camaro, I guarantee. I learned my lesson the last time.

As for other places to mount them, it is a good idea to keep them at normal eye level so as not to take your eyes off the road to read them and you will also want them to be at an angle so that they are easily readable without glare. This is almost certain to also place them in the view of other drivers, but the further away from the window you have them the more people have to look. Since you are only monitoring "bolt on" mods I assume that you will only need them at the strip, so mounting them in an alternate location could give you flexibility to fabricate a cover so that when they are not in use, they are not obviously sticking out advertising what you have in your car.

Comment

I say Go with the PIllar, they make a two and three pillar, and Hell if you wanna race , RACE. iF YA DON'T.. doNT.. And if someone follows you around, hopefully you didn't take out the spare and jack for weight. Use the crobar to make em a new hood ornament.
      Coming from a well adjusted mature 32 male... who has done this because someone splahed my freshly washed IROC.
      2000 Camaro-T\'s,Monsoon sound 500w, Stock Duals, K&N air filter, Super Sucker Ram Air, Hypertech PP3, Whisper Lid,Removed MAF screen,For weight reduction tossed Fat Chick to curb. <br /><br /> UP THE IRONS !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wheres the 3-pod pillars at? I can only find the two pod pillars!!
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

put them in the middle of the dash where the a/c vents are
          mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcG:
            put them in the middle of the dash where the a/c vents are<hr></blockquote>

Cant do that on Camaros

Comment

3 gauge pillars are in Jegs.

but they are only for t-top camaros.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X