Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp install????

I have a 00 camaro with the monsoon
    I need to know where is the best place to tap into for the high to low output converter.
    I tapped into the wires for the rear sail pnaels but the subs i installed do not sound right,
    They sound like nothing but midbass is coming out.
    Are the rear sial panels ran off the monsoon amp
    And if so is that a midrange signal they are getting?
    I am on the market for performance parts.<br />let me know what you have

Anybody?

Comment

I woould tap into the speaker wires behind the headunit. The monsoon amp puts out a lot of distortion already so you're just making matters worse by hooking up a hi-to-low level adaptor after the monsoon amp. Look in the "Modifications Encyclopedia" on the color codes to use behind the headunit.
      2006 Tiburon

Comment

Thank you very much
        that is a little bit more than i wanted to do but if it will make a diference i will do that.
        thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by firstchevy:
          They sound like nothing but midbass is coming out.
          Are the rear sial panels ran off the monsoon amp
          And if so is that a midrange signal they are getting?
          Keep in mind the Monsoon Amp has built in crossovers. Its possible the speakers you tapped into simply were not even seeing "low" frequencies, which may explain why your subs only played midbass/highs. Hi-to-low level adapters don't really give you much of a "clean" signal by any means compared to RCA outputs. But if you want to keep the factory headunit and your aftermarket amp doesn't accept hi-level inputs, using a high-to-low level adapter is pretty much the only way to go. Might as well tap into the speaker wires as close to the source as much as possible....atleast that's how I look at it. Also, make sure you have your crossovers set right if your aftermarket amp has them built in.
          2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X