EU-700 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU-700 questions

I have a blown sail panel sub that i need to replace really bad. I read that Elemental Designs makes a good speaker, and i believe it was T-punk that hyped up this particular speaker a tad bit. My questions are....Will this speaker directly replace my stock subs and fit perfectly? I have the stock monsoon system. If not, what kind of mods would i need to make it work. I dont really wanna swap out the stock stereo, but i would like to get better subs in there if i can. And my second question is...what is ED known for with there subs? Will it have a nice deep low end hum, or is it more of a hip-hop Thumping sub.

thanks in advance
    Burt Reynolds ain\'t got nuttin on me

eD makes wonderful stuff. there focus is more on sq than spl. i have an entire eD stereo. sounds amazing! eD also has a very good reputation for customer service too.

you should be able to use them with the stock monsoon. i believe stock monsoon is 2 ohms. so youll have to get the right voice coils. i think youll need d2 but im not sure. ill let someone else chime in on that.

the prob wont fit directly in there becuase of the dual voice coils. so youll prob have to cut a little out. they say that sealed they have very good low end. in an ifinite baffle setup they still hold pretty good lows.

hope this helps! im ordering my set this week.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

For the replacing the speaker question....

I replaced mine with some 4" infinitys (like 50 bucks)The hardest part is getting the stock speaker out then you just need to drill 4 holes in the panel so you can mount the new speaker in with screws. My friend did the wiring it was real easy. He just stripped the wire coming from the monsoon amp and twisted it in with the wires from the new speaker. Then electrical taped over the twisted wires. And If you mix up positive and negative it will sound like crap so you just have to do it over. It took me about 15 minutes for each speaker total.
      Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

The monsoon 6-3/4" subs have dual 4-ohm voice coils. There's a separate pair of wires for each coil coming from the Monsoon Amp. Technically, the problem with replacing the stock monsoon sub with a 'single' 4-ohm voice coil sub is you won't be getting full power from the Monsoon Amp. If only they made an aftermarket dual 4-ohm 6-1/2" sub... or do they? I'm not aware of any.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Ok, i have been doing research on this while my car was in the shop. Basically you will need a half inch spacer because the mounting depth is too much. Also if you have a vert it wont work (the top goes down right behind the stock speakers). If you get them you will need the dual 4 ohm speakers and wire them in parallel. The stock amp will work but dont expect the best sound in the world with it. I dont have these nor will i since i have a vert but from the guys i have talked to who are using them they seem a perfect choice for a replacement speaker.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Awsome! this is great news. I was thinking there would be some horrible obstacle to overcome. Im pretty much a stereo noob, so what do you mean by wire them parrallel? i may just have a friend come in and install them. And what do you suggest to use as a spacer? Cutting out a wooden ring or maybe using rubber spacers? Ty for all the help guys, i appreciate it.
            Burt Reynolds ain\'t got nuttin on me

Comment

check out this site for pics of how to wire http://www.mobilefantasy.com/images/faqs/dvcwiring.bmp . Also either way will work for the spacer, i prefer wood though.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                The monsoon 6-3/4" subs have dual 4-ohm voice coils. There's a separate pair of wires for each coil coming from the Monsoon Amp. Technically, the problem with replacing the stock monsoon sub with a 'single' 4-ohm voice coil sub is you won't be getting full power from the Monsoon Amp. If only they made an aftermarket dual 4-ohm 6-1/2" sub... or do they? I'm not aware of any.
                The eu700s are available in daul 4 ohm voice coils and are 6.5 in.
                <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X