Stock HU CD Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock HU CD Issues

It happens randomly, but a few times in the last month or two and twice tonight when I try to switch tracks stops playing and after a few seconds acts like there isn't a CD in it and then ejects it a few seconds after that. It then just goes back to radio. Tonight I noticed it say Err one time, but other than that it just stops reacting.

Could it have something to do with the CD type, or is my HU broken? The car is under warranty so it's not a big deal, but I want to make sure it isn't just some bad discs before I have it fixed.
    <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

i had this happen with a few of cheaper CDR's but if they are "real" cd's then it shouldnt be doing that at all.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Don't mean to bring an old topic up, but I figured it's better than making a new one.

Basically, I'm having the same issue. The stock head unit won't play any cd's. It just randomly stopped playing a cd while I was driving. It said "Err" on the screen and ejected the cd.

Now for any cd I put in, whether it's burned or not, it says "Err".

Anyone else have this issue?
      97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

I have the same problems but it haven't happened lately since I used a cd clean and put padding at the bottom so when I hit bumps cds wont skip as much smart huh
        eric head

Comment

Well I tried putting in one of those cd cleaners, but it doesn't accept the disk. It goes in for about 3 seconds. Says "Err", and pops out.
          97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

See these posts far too often. Nobody has found an end all fix for this problem. Some have opened the stock headunit and and gave it the once over with a can of air with some success. Most have dumped it and went aftermarket. Chances are the laser is dying in the headunit. Just like in the PS2's. :mad:
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X