Blinker not so blinking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinker not so blinking???

my wifes 93 3.4 firebird the right turn signal flashes really slow and sometimes not at all really. the left one in more normal but also blinks kinda slow compared to my 96 camaro. what would cause this? thanks in advance.
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Hmmmm.... blinker still flashes....just really slow. If all the bulbs check ok, then I would have to guess the blinker relay. You can pick a new one up for like $10 and it's cake to install. Do a search on here. It's been discussed before.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

On my friends 85, he had a break light burnt out and it caused the blinkers to stay solid when used. Make sure every bulb is good.
      2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

Ok thanks I will make sure no bulbs are out tonight. were is the relay? I have a had some other older cars and when they have done this i replaced a silver thing under the dash. but i cant see one on this car. thanks for the help.
        white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

Exactly! That small silver thing is the relay. I seriously doubt a bulb is burnt out because it still blinks....just all messed up. There are two relays in our car. Both can be reach from digging under the driver's side dash. They are easy to replace and cost only $10-$15 from any auto parts store. Do a search.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Blinker fluid maybe? ;)
              <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

This is a long shot, but how is the voltage on your wifes car while it's running? On my car during the summer the voltometer will drop some and when that happens the blinkers get REAL slow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X