Electrical Issues - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Issues - HELP!

I have a mono block BOSS 3KD 3,000w amplifier and a 4-Channel Crossfire 400w amplifer in my 91 Camaro.

I am running a 180amp alternator and 4-Guage power wire from my "Optima Yellow Top" battery 17 feet(ish) to the rear deck to a 5-Farad Capacitor (to the amps from there). I have two Cerwin Vega VMAX 12DVC 12's, and Planet Audio mids and highs (4x6's and 6x9's).

Now will the Optima Battery, 180amp alternator and the 5-farad cap, my headlights still dim when the bass bits hard? What else can I do to help with this power drain? Any ideas?
    <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Where did you get the alt from?

Have you upgraded the big 3?

It will probrably help if you get rid of the cap, as this is just another load on the electrical system.

Comment

3000 watt boss amp [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] haha, Anyway's Make sure all of you stuff is tight. Have you ever had the alt tested? Some claim to be H/O alts but don't put out their power at idle like the good ones do.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

What do you mean by "The Big 3"? I was not told about upgrading any wires.

The amp says 3,000w at 1ohm, although Im sure it's a bit less than that. How does that go.. 3,000w ILS (if lightening strikes) lol.

It may not be all that powerfull, but it does put one heck of a drain on the electrical system. I will go by and have it tested later tonight and see what the true amperage is.
        <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Search for the big 3, very easy to do and very effective.
          2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X