manual windows and locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual windows and locks

I have maunal windows and locks and i want to change it to power windows and locks so i can put keyless entry and it be a lil more convenient. Is this possible? How much? and is it worth the hassle??

Changing to power windows will run you a lot of cash...prolly not worth it.

Power locks is cheaper to do....my friend baught a 02 Z28 without power locks and he got an alarm and some power locks put in for $200
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

Windows won't be worth the hassle, but a power lock/keyless entry system shouldn't cost you more than $200 installed.

I just put one in my wife's truck for $55 off ebay and installed almost all of it myself. But I couldn't figure out how to properly install the actuators (lock motors) into the doors, so I had to pay $70 to have a local stereo shop do it for me.

Works great!

-Mike
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I installed power windows, power locks, switches, and a keyless entry system into mine all at the same time. The whole setup ran about $400, and took about a day to complete.

If you're planning having your car for awhile, it's definitely worth the hassle.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/edogg_127\" target=\"_blank\">1999 red 38000 Camaro</a><br />Leaking rear main seal (not really a mod though)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X