Which 10" sub & amp ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 10" sub & amp ????

I'm getting the 10" stealth box from subthump for the drivers side of my 99 bird.

Question is I'm not looking for deep roof rattling t-top blowing off bass, rather just some punch thats real clean and just a little low. What sub and amp would you get if you had 600.00 to spend???

Thanks in advance
    99 Midnight Blue Bird A4 Y87 TA Hatch,Driving Light Mod,Dual Highbeam Mod,Sequential Taillights,Molding&Emblem Delted,MAF Sreen Mod. 3:73 gears to come.

For $600, I'd go with an Elemental Designs A-series and an AVIONIXX AXT 800.2.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I've never heard of that MFG. How about others?????
      99 Midnight Blue Bird A4 Y87 TA Hatch,Driving Light Mod,Dual Highbeam Mod,Sequential Taillights,Molding&Emblem Delted,MAF Sreen Mod. 3:73 gears to come.

Comment

Here's what I'm thinking:

Alpine MRP-T220
        JLAudio 10W0

So far the opinions I've had at work say it will sound good, I guess I'll check the experts now. Plus it should only run about $400.
        Tommycat<br />99 V6 Auto<br />Custom CAI, Custom AirBox, K&N Filter.<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tommycat\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/tommycat</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
          For $600, I'd go with an Elemental Designs A-series and an AVIONIXX AXT 800.2.<hr></blockquote>
          This is by far the best you are gonna get for that amount of money. Just ask around. Visit www.caraudioforum.com and www.elitecaraudio.com as well as any other boards. Ask around. I bet you don't even get one negative review....
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:

This is by far the best you are gonna get for that amount of money.
            <hr></blockquote>

Heh, no comparison e10a&gt;10w0

Don't get me wrong, the 10w0 is gonna sound good. And this is not a fair comparison. But if you have the budge to get the Elemental sub, by all means please do so. The eD's just absolutely pound. I've had several guys put them in that same box so I should know. They handle way more power and simply hit harder than any of the JL subs--especially the intry level 10w0. You will be far happier with the elemental sub. Trust us on this one :cool:

Comment

Sounds like no hands down I'm going with the Elemental e10a sub and the AXT 800.2 - 2 Channel T amp. I have placed my order the amp is on backorder should be a couple of weeks before I get it.

Ok now what mids & highs & amp should I go with to complaiment my sub? I'm also going for sound quality not loudness... I know I need a 4 channel amp My head unit is a pioneer DEHP77DH

Thanks in advance

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: NtenseV6 ]

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: NtenseV6 ]</p>

Comment

Can't have mismatching amps! :D
                And FOCAL!!
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

i have a 10" JL w0 in my bird w/a JL 250/1 and it sounds damn good, i'd recommend gettin a sub that'll handle more power cuz i cant turn my amp over halfway up but it sounds really good
                  <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Can't have mismatching amps!
                    And FOCAL!!

what does the FOCAL mean? I most likely stay with the same brand amp..But what mid and high speakers should I get?????

Comment

i've gotta JL10w3, with a JL250/1, and it sounds damned good imo.

--matt

Comment

im runn'n a fosgate 1200 watt amp. its pushing two 10inch alpine type r's. it hits hard.. makes my freak'n nose run. lol

total price was just under 500 bucks due to the fact that i already had the box.

woops.. didnt read.. you already ordered the amp and sub..

[ September 08, 2003: Message edited by: Tyler ]</p>
                        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tyler:
                          woops.. didnt read.. you already ordered the amp and sub..<hr></blockquote>

Or that he was ordering the stealth box and not looking for roof rattling bass.....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> what does the FOCAL mean? I most likely stay with the same brand amp..But what mid and high speakers should I get????? <hr></blockquote> Focal. How much are you looking to spend? Focal's lowest line is better then some other's highest. The lowest line (Access) goes for $165 for the 6.5" set. If you can afford more, they have several other lines.....on up over $500. :D Search Ebay for the best prices. And TRUST ME! DO NOT worry about your sub and amp combo. You made the right decision. The EDA would EASILY pound all over a JL 10W0. NO CONTEST AT ALL! You're gonna be bumpin loud and clean, no doubt. ;)
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

Thank you one and all for all the help you have given me..I will post pictures of the install as it goes along..With what I have purchased and the Focal peices I think I will have a very clean sounding system. Again thanks for all the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X