Help me beat this Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me beat this Mustang.

Basically I need some suggestions on what I can do to help my car (1996 Camaro with stock speakers and Rockford 8210 HU) to sound as good if not better than my girlfriend's car: a 2001 Mustang with the Premium Sound Package.

I don't know too much about what that has but I have roughly $500 to spend. I know I need new speakers, an amp and a sub. I don't need anything over the top or that will drain my battery...just something to sound close to her car. Thanks!

crawl into a hole! J/K
    I would NEVER let my girlfriend/fiance'/wife/significant other/etc. beat me on anything to do with cars! I guess it's a pride thing, but I would go outta my way to out-do her. You know how women are when they see another female wearing the same dress as them? Well, that's how I'll get when her car does something better than mine.

Marc

p.s. I could give a crap about gas mileage.
    sigpic

Comment

hey dude, to outdue her cheaply all you really need is an amp and a sub--if you buy it new--and that's about all you got the money for. i have a 400 watt, 2 channel pyramid amplifier (can be bridged to one) and a crossover (you will need it, can explain later if you are interested) that i will sell you for DIRT cheap. then you can buy a good sub or two (if you want more kick) for about $100-$150 and you'll have around $300 left to spend on some other stuff like newer speakers and a box. if you have the 4 speakers system, just get the amp and sub and then go for 4 new speakers. if you have 6 speaker system, then go for new front speakers and leave the stock midbasses and hatch speakers in the back--you'll have a kickin sound sys if you do that.

btw, i was going to use my amp and hook up a sub with a box to it, but i didn't get the gift certificate i wanted from circuit city (where the box was on sale for $75) but instead got the certificate to best buy (which only carried a $300 box for maro's!!!) so that is why i am selling it, no hidden messages. my best friend was going to send me all of his wiring stuff that was on his old car for me to use--it IS the best of the best install wiring and it's EVERYTHING you will need. you go to best buy and you look at how much install stuff costs; power wire and fuse alone are $60; and there's a lot more to it that just a power wire and fuse. so i'm SURE he'll hook you up for REALLY cheap if you are interested in buying my amp too--dunno if he would want to sell it without the amp goin cause he still thinks i'm going to use the amp in my car and getting rid of it would signify that i'm not going to need his wiring stuff. He can't give it to you like he was going to for me, cause he owed me, but i'm sure he'll give you quite a nice price on it. talk to me if you are interested bud.

evan

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

get on ebay and search for 10w3v2, you cant buy um outright for $125 new. pick one of two of those up, then find a decent amp, like a jl 300/2, or 500/1, they go for about 300 for the 300/2 and 500/1 is like 400 i think. thats all u need to have a pretty tight system.

to find the amps on ebay search for jl,300/4 or jl,500/1

jl makes really good $hit!
        Check out my car @ <a href=\"http://www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html</a> <br /><br />It\'s not what you make, it\'s what you spend! <br /><br />1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4, m5, t-tops, silver exterior, gray interior.<br /><br />Many modz! check out the site for details!

Comment

Go with the JLW3's like gerard said, or the Adire Audio Shiva's. Both can be had for $125 each. IMO the Shivas are a tad bit better. Get 1 or 2, but to beat her premium stock system, you won't need more then 1 I'm sure. But I'd still get 2!! :D For amps, JBL is realiable and has the best dollar/watt ratio. The 600.1 can be had for about $175 and will give you nearly 700 watts of class D power. That's plenty to power those two 12's. If your only getting one 12.... I think they have a 300.1.... You can get cheap wiring at www.darvex.com Buy some new co-axils for the inside and power them with a smaller 4-channel amp (if you have enough $$$) or the CD player.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

Is that premium sound the mach 460? If so you have some catching up to do! That system was ranked as the number 1 stereo in a stock trim automobile, from ALL categories. The monsoon in FBodies didn't even rank top 10, although the monsoon in some other GMC car did.

Its going to take more than just a sub, upgrade your mids and highs too.

Comment

I think it might be that 460 thing. She has six speakers...the two tweeters near the side mirrors, the two in the door and the two in the back. It does say "460 sound system" or something like that. I know she paid extra for it though...

One setup I was told was:

JBL 300.1
              JBL 80.2
              Alpine Type-S 12" Dual 4 ohm
              Alpine Type-R Component Set

I found pricing and it is within my range. How would this sound and would it kill my alternator? Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks guys...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheBeast:
                Is that premium sound the mach 460? If so you have some catching up to do! That system was ranked as the number 1 stereo in a stock trim automobile, from ALL categories. The monsoon in FBodies didn't even rank top 10, although the monsoon in some other GMC car did.

Its going to take more than just a sub, upgrade your mids and highs too.
                <hr></blockquote>

Really? Thats weird my friend has it in his cobra and my bose system sound 10X's better then his will any day, and he does have the Mach 460 I looked. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Even better yet... Find a local car audio shop that sells "BOSS AUDIO", buy a 2 channel 600watt riot amplifier for $100 and buy the BOSS 1208 EQ for $40. It will sound great. Get your Mids and Highs sounding decent, then worry about your subs later.
                  [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X