Police scanners in car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police scanners in car

do any of u guyz have one in ur camaro??? and does it help???

I do....its located directly above the driver seat so it sits right under the visor....it is kinda cool and does help with traffic sometimes....but I wouldn't say that it helps keep track of them though...its a bct7 if that helps
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Check the laws before you do it. It's illegal in New York State and the cops have no sense of humor for anyone that breaks that law.
      <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcjoslyn:
        Check the laws before you do it. It's illegal in New York State and the cops have no sense of humor for anyone that breaks that law.<hr></blockquote>

Why would it be illegal to listen to the police frequencies?
        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

It's only illegal to do it in your car. The thought is you are doing it to avoid patrols and pursuit.
          <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

It's illegal in Minnesota as well. I have been pulled over 3 times with it, once they even searched the car for drugs. Plus I have been searched by boarder patrol twice, and they didn't say anything about it either. I do have a switch wired up though, so that I can turn it off without the cop seeing me do it.

I don't use it much though. Mostly when I am sitting in traffic or a parking lot bored. A radar detector and a keen eye on traffic will serve you better if you are trying to avoid tickets.

I have a BCT-10
            <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

A CB communicator will also pick up police frequencies. the thing is, u won't know for sure where they're at sometimes because they use code words to keep any non-police listeners from knowing where they;re at. truckers will use them to let everyone listening to them know where a cop is at, as in which freeway, what street, mile marker, ect. cops and truckers can hear the same frequencies, so don't get a scanner, just get a CB and then they won't get on u about it.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
                A CB communicator will also pick up police frequencies. the thing is, u won't know for sure where they're at sometimes because they use code words to keep any non-police listeners from knowing where they;re at. truckers will use them to let everyone listening to them know where a cop is at, as in which freeway, what street, mile marker, ect. cops and truckers can hear the same frequencies, so don't get a scanner, just get a CB and then they won't get on u about it.<hr></blockquote>

Be sure to learn trucker code words too - you'll figure em out. I know a ****load, lol, my dad was in the trucking business for like 18 years.
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

i had a scanner in my car for a bit, and it picked up a lot of bullsh*t. itll help sometimes, but it also helps to know things like the police numbers and stuff, like what a 13-42 is and what not.

Comment

My dad's got a little portable scanner, I think it's a Motorola for some reason. Anyway it's not very useful around here for much of anything except knowing when the shift change is or who's taking a break or stuff like that.
                    1995 Nissan Hardbody King cab XE, 5-speed, 4 banger<p>Looking for the right Camaro...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcjoslyn:
                      Check the laws before you do it. It's illegal in New York State and the cops have no sense of humor for anyone that breaks that law.<hr></blockquote>

Illegal in Florida to. My friend got arrested for it, but he had it on weather because we had a bad storm :rolleyes:
                      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

Illegal in Florida to. My friend got arrested for it, but he had it on weather because we had a bad storm :rolleyes:
                        <hr></blockquote>

now that is gay.... those are the cops that dont need to be out there.... he could have simply just confiscated it and maybe a ticket. no he had to take the guy to jail

yeah i got taken to jail for expired inspection and not using my blinker...

some cops are good, most arent.. he is one that give cops a bad name

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X