Replace antenna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace antenna?

My screw on, stock antenna is bent and looks stoopid. Before I go to Chevy for a replacement, is there an upgrade for these? I've seen some goofy ones that looks like a pigs tail, but do they work better? I am in a far suburb of Chicago and I get static on some of my favorite stations, though my other cars tune them in fine.
    So is there anything better than stock?

Mike
    1997 Camaro A4, 3.8L Red T-Tops<br />Y87 pkg, 3.42 LSD<br />SLP cold air kit <br />180 Thermo<br />Alpine speakers

You can get one with a motor that will put it up and down, like some of our lucky firebird brothers have... a most DEF future def for my car, and seems like the perfect timing for you, mr moneypants ( going to a dealer to get it fixed [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] )
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

I put a Wal-mart brand retractable antenna in mine when I installed my CD player. I already had my carpet out so running a turn-on wire was a cinch. The brand name antennas were over $80 and this one was around $35. It's been working just fine for almost 4 years!!! And does it ever look better!!! I don't know what Chevy was thinking when they stuck that remote control car looking thing on the back. Just take your time installing it correctly and properly and you'll never regret it. I pick up just as many radio staions with this one as I did with the factory one. Hope this helps you out.
      95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

I just got the RK Sport black power antenna installed this weekend. Works well and they supply you everything you need to complete the job. Just be careful that you run the red and blue wires away from the screws that secure the trim next to the passenger seat. Top left terminal on the monsoon head is the one with the constant 12V source (for red wire) and add a terminal to the blue wire and plug it into the slot two over to the right for the switched 12 V.

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Fish ]</p>
        \'01 Camaro T-tops, M5, SLP RamAir, 180*,<br />Whisper lid, K&N, Flowmaster American Thunder.<br /><br />\'94 GrandAmGT, 2.3W41, M5, 2.25\" exhaust, WAI,<br />short-throw, Firehawk chip, 225/45/17, 152K Mi.<br />New motor@136K, Powerstops.<br /><br />N.E.O.C.C. Member

Comment

I had an aftermarket antenna once.. *snif, snif* But it was ... *Snif* stolen!

I havent been able to find a good replacement yet. Something that isn't tacky and sticks out like a sore thumb against my black paint like the stock silver antenna I had.
          [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

i personally hated the look of the stock antenna and i made my own little cover for the screw that sticks out when you take it off. looks like it would be a retractable antenna but its not. looks sooooooo much better than the stock thing.i get all my fm radio stations just fine still. i keep the antenna in the back just behind the rear seat tucked away.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X