NavMate 2.0 please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NavMate 2.0 please help

Alright, I managed to find that vss wire..Or at least I'm fairly sure, the problem is that both the vss connection and reverse light connection are not reading on my gps.I know for a fact that the reverse light wire is the right one because I tested the light itself. But when running the test on the unit itself it shows no activity for that wire. I'm at my wits end. Each wire has a requirement according to the install manual. I'll list them here in the hope that someone might be able to enlighten me as to what the problem may be. Oh yeah, the vss is connected to the green/white wire just before the gauge cluster and the reverse light is plugged in at the passengers kick panel. Here are the requirements as it states in the booklet:

VSS- square wave
    input pulse frequency -0Hz to 2.5kHz
    input voltage range -13 to +26 Vmax
    Low level voltage Vl max .9VL max
    High level voltage VH min 4.0 VH min
    Yellow (sine wave) sine wave
    Input pulse frequency 1 Hz to 200 Hz
    Input voltage range -13 to +26 Vmax

And this is for the Reverse Light
    +13.8 V DC nominal (When vehicle in reverse)
    Low level voltage VL max 1.0 VL (max)
    High level voltage VH min 7.0 VH (min

Now I have no idea what any of this means. My guess is that I use the navmates green wire for a square wave and yellow for a sine wave. Currently I'm using the green wire.. Not that I know what either of those mean, but hey. The reverse light problem makes no sense. If anyone can clue me in to what I can do or what the problem might be please please let me know. Thanks greatly.
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

Originally posted by Wraith2097:
    I know for a fact that the reverse light wire is the right one because I tested the light itself.
    Explain what you mean by you tested the light itself? Tested it how, with a "test light"? All I can suggest is to use a test light to see if the test light goes on and off when you put the car in and out of reverse. Also find out if its (+) or (-). From the Reverse Light specs you gave, it looks like it needs to see a (+) input.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

Sorry, I only tested it by way of disconnection. The mod ency only shows the wire as being light green in a white harness in the pass kick panel. I can only find one white harness and one light green wire in it. Disconnection of this wire affects the reverse lights, as I expected, but does not work with the gps, Why?

Comment

Hmm, according to THIS site, the reverse wire is light green...so it sounds like you have the correct wire.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Car is in the shop so I can't mess with it until tomorrow. If thats the right wire I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.. Also, is the vss a square wave or sine?

Comment

Car is back and the problem persists, anyone have any more insight?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X