Amplifier Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifier Question

Ok im looking for 1 Amp to power my 10 inch Kicker Comp VR dual 4 ohm 300w RMS 600w Max and front components 100w RMS 200w Max. Any sugestions? Also Sugestions on a headunit? Right now it is a JVC KD-SX980
    **\' 97 Artic White Camaro 3.8 A4 \'**<br />Y87 Performance Package<br />Pioneer DEH-P6400 Head Unit<br />10 Spoke SS wheels with Fuzion ZRI 275/40/17<br />20% tint<br />soon to come 12\" Stealth and amp rack with 12\" Alpine Type R or S...

Well, you're in a bit of a bad situation. Your trying to power a set of components and subwoofer off one amp. Meaning you will probably want a 4-channel amp. Use the front channels for the components and bridge the rear channels into a single more power channel for the subwoofer. The problem is your subwoofer is dual 4 ohm. Meaning you will run it in parallel for a 2 ohm load. Not too many amps out there will run stable at 2 ohms when bridged. Soooo.... your choices are either run the subwoofer in series for an 8 ohm load (less power from amp)or run it in parallel and only off one of the rear channels.(less power from amp) Either will work fine, but you'll not be using your amp to it's fullest.

Ever think about getting a second Comp Vr dual 4 ohm? You'd basically have it powered for free when you think of the situation you're in now....

How much you looking to spend on the amp? This amp will do rated power, and it's cheap. But if you're looking for more power, maybe step up to this? If you can afford better, let us know. Hifonics is atleast decent. They will do rated power and are a great buy for the money.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Well i kinda wanted to stick to one for right now since the passenger side stealth is no longer avaliable or the millhouse. But i can afford a little more than the 159.00 one. I kinda wanted to use a 4 for right now so if i did upgrade i could get a sub amp and use the 4 for my components and midranges. But i would use 2 if i could get out with 2 for what i would be spending on 1. I will be using 4 gauge power wire and upgrading my RCA's. Also I have some Alpine 1" SPS series tweets new in the box. Would those be good to put on the pillars for some more image or would it hurt? And can i get some comments on a head unit. I was kinda looking at Eclipse or A pioneer Refrence series. I would kinda like the RDS feature since i listen to the radio alot. Thanks for the advice
      **\' 97 Artic White Camaro 3.8 A4 \'**<br />Y87 Performance Package<br />Pioneer DEH-P6400 Head Unit<br />10 Spoke SS wheels with Fuzion ZRI 275/40/17<br />20% tint<br />soon to come 12\" Stealth and amp rack with 12\" Alpine Type R or S...

Comment

To be honest, I'd just stick with the single 4-channel amp for now. 220WRMS of that Hifonics should be plenty for a single Comp VR. And guess what? I found you a BOMB a$$ deal! This is the same amp I'm currently running.... but MUCH cheaper then what I paid for it. I think IkeSound is closing out. Those that have been around awhile know that IkeSound is a very reputable online store to buy from. They also sell on Ebay under the name "scala1". (more $$$ on Ebay for some reason) Here's some other guys selling the same amp for much more.
        Link 1
        Link 2
        IkeSound's price is almost too low to believe. Maybe a misprint? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] Anyway, not only is she pretty as hell (lol) specs show it stable at 2 ohms when bridged! Now that's enough power to pop that little puppy of yours! hahaha Regardless, nice amp. I've been more then happy with it. And you can snag the matching XS1500.1 sub amp when you get the money. Hell, if you wait awhile... I might sell you one of mine! :D

Headunit. Everyone has their own brand that they stand by. Just go with a major brand name (not legacy,pyle,pyramid) and make sure it has all the features your looking for. (Mp3 support,WMA support,high voltage RCAs,motorized faceplate,whatever) Speaking of which, what features are you looking for? Would you be interested in a Premier P940MP? I have an upgrade on the way and will have it up for sale soon. A buddy of mine kinda called dibs for now, but I wouldn't doubt it if he backs out. If he does, it's all you if you want. If not, no biggie. We had agreed upon $300, which you can see is about the going rate. I'm 90% sure I have the box and everything else that came with it. Your call. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 22, 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

I've never heared the autotek, what is the thd and sn ratio on that? cause thats real cheap if it really puts out that power and clean. I assume its pretty clean since you own it. I'm just lookin for a amp for a new system and it needs to be cheap.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Ok i've just done some research and all i can say is dammn. That is an amazing price for that amp from what im reading and the quality is great. .03thd and a pretty nice sn ratio with plenty of power. I think that amp with cdt cl's from thezeb and a 12" ED K series sub and I'll be done. Awesome find.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

What's the s/n ratio on that autotek amp....very high 90's/100? Hell I might pick one up myself just to have it laying around for whatever
              2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                What's the s/n ratio on that autotek amp....very high 90's/100? Hell I might pick one up myself just to have it laying around for whatever
                [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                Greater then or equal to 95db. It's been lightin my Kodas up like crazy. [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] And hey! Not everyone can have my amp now! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Or can they? You'll never guess guys.... Ikesound updated their Ebay listings.... please adjust your jaws to their full downright and locked positons. [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                XS900.4

[ August 24, 2005, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

"Mother of God"

Yeah, I'm buying that before they are all gone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X