install day gone BAD!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install day gone BAD!!!!!!!!

ok myu plans was to rewire my sub amp to 4 ga and install my components on my 4 channel amp on my new amp rack, yada yada neways, i hooked up one side of my componets and i tested it on my 4 channel amp and i had no noise, i checked everything the amp has to be bad, i am getting power to it but no power out!!! i checked every wire with my other amp etc etc, so neways i decide to go ona and finish my install and i would buy a new amp, i was installing my other componet and as we all know the holes are too big!! well i customized both of them and as i was hooking up the drivers side i had to angle a screw and well it slipped and went through the speaker!!! let me remind u i have installed plenty of speakers and subs and i never had this happen to me i was kinda being impatient and it was 110 degrees outside, so neways what should i do aboput my speaker? can i replace it or do i have to buy a whole new componet set? i am going to be running all highs off of it will it sound like crap or would it work??

lol [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] What a day! Sorry about that man.... Only funny because I know where you're coming from. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Where did the screw punch through? Chances are it can be easily fixed. No worries. As for the amp...many questions...we'll start with power light stays on? No other lights?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

the rubber area around the speaker is where it went in! and yes the power stays on and i noticed a little noise it was making like a hissing noise but i have donne everything to check it, BUT before i buy a new one i am gonna go get it checked!

Comment

???

Comment

well i got the amp bench tested and its good hmmm i gotta check wiring and i was told by someone else that my front component wouldnt matter cause i am gonna push all highs out of it and it shouldnt be a problem can neone give me suggestions on that

Comment

ive fixed the ruber area before.. I used liquid electrical tape.. 5 coats on the inside 5 coats on the outside.. working on the sub I have in the bravada.
            Mystic Teal Metallic
            ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

its a component speaker so i dunno what to do

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
                i was told by someone else that my front component wouldnt matter cause i am gonna push all highs out of it and it shouldnt be a problem
                *shudders*
                ughgughugh.... Exactly what I hate most. Someone hooks up 10 6x9"s and has them all screaming. But not a one is playing anything under 2kHz. Oh so common and I can't stand it. And then they think their system is bada$$ and loud as hell.....well it DOES hurt my ears... but not for the reason you're thinking. :D ;)

You're front component set should play as low as you can get them to cleanly. If they can bump out 80Hz without sounding muddy, by all means do it. And I have found some liquid electrical tape at my auto parts store. VERY nice stuff. Dries solid but still flexible. I think that would be your best bet at repairing your surround.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

is what i am trying to say is i have a sub i dont need to push highs out of my components let the big boy in the back do the work

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
                    is what i am trying to say is i have a sub i dont need to push highs out of my components let the big boy in the back do the work
                    You do need to have some sort of high pass filter on your components, true, but you also want them to have a "rich" and "full" sound to them. This may entail playing frequencies at or below 100Hz. But in the end, to each his own. Whatever sounds good to you is what you should have. [img]smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Just curious, what do you have your high pass filter on the 4-channel amp set to now? What about the Low Pass filter on your subs?
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

umm i couldnt tell you right now i am in the process of going to rewire the highs amp on the big amp i dont thinkit tells you i think you just adjust it, so i cont think i could tell ya! i am gonn have pic up in like 20 min of my components and the hole in it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X