just bought power antenna for camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just bought power antenna for camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought power antenna for camaro

Does anyone else own a power antenna because I just bought one off ebay and I just wanted to know would I have any trouble installing it myself when it arrives. I bought this because I live in apartments and I'm tired of little kids bending and playing with my antenna like its a remote control car.
    eric head

I had no trouble installing one from a formula. A standard one, however, from ebay may be a little tougher. I'm not sure if the base would be contoured correctly to mount the antenna to the fender, among other things. If you bought one off of a wrecked firebird or something, then you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

I installed one of those universal power antenna kits. Wasn't hard at all. Should come with like 5 or 6 different bases to choose from. One fits the fbodies perfectly. What do you need help with?
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Since you have a Camaro, I'm not sure if theres any factory wiring for a power antenna (camaros didn't come with p. antennas). If there's no wiring there, you'll need to run a constant (+),switched (+) and Ground (-).
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

The only thing that I need help with is since its a power antenna I was wondering can I hook it up to my car amplifier since its closer to the trunk. I read that I could hook it up to my cd player but thats to much trouble especially when your not dan the handy man.
          eric head

Comment

yes, but i would use a relay from the amp remote wire for the switched power wire
            White 1998 3.8L Camaro
            Home Ram Air / Free Flow Intake
            Drilled / Slotted Rotors with black painted Calipers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X