Slight upgrade for my new(used) camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight upgrade for my new(used) camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight upgrade for my new(used) camaro

I just got my Camaro and just found this great forum. I have some audio upgrade questions and I didn't see a modification database for audio.
    I have and want to keep the Delco CD player. I do want to change the speakers ASAP. What size are the front and rears? How many watts is the stock head unit? Can an amp be added to it? Are there asny favorite speakers for around $100-$150 a pair? An good online retailers? Crutchfield?

Thank you,

MIKE
    1997 Camaro A4, 3.8L Red T-Tops<br />Y87 pkg, 3.42 LSD<br />SLP cold air kit <br />180 Thermo<br />Alpine speakers

All of the speakers are 6.5". I believe that the Delco cd player is 200 watts but im not sure. You should be able to hook up an amp without any real problems. As for which speakers to get, there are so many to choose from. Do you want component speakers or 2/3-way speakers? Infinity Kappa, JL Audio XR650-CX, and Pioneer Premier speakers are all good.
    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

BTW ebay is a great place to get good speakers for real cheap.
      <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeB33:
        I just got my Camaro and just found this great forum. I have some audio upgrade questions and I didn't see a modification database for audio. <hr></blockquote>
        You came to the right place! :D
        Pretty much any aftermaket speaker will be better then the stock ones. You don't sound like you want to invest a lot of money so I guess I would recommend just going to your local audio shop and listening to a few different speakers and buying the ones you like the best. We actually have 6 3/4" speakers all around but most (if not all) 6 1/2" will fit.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X