Light above inside door handle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light above inside door handle??

Has anyone noticed that you have a little light above the door handle on the inside?? I took the inside part of the door off to get to my speakers and I noticed that it was thier, because their's a light behind it but they are both out. Does anyone know what this is for or does yours still work???
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

The little light is there so you can see your window/door lock controls at night when you are driving. I think it only comes on when your headlights are on.
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

mine on my passenger side went out as well im just too lazy to replace it heh
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

My driver side light is out.And it looks to be like a little bulb that you can get from the hardware store.I was also to lazy to replace it whenn I painted my door handles and radio area.
        2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Those light up? None of mine do.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

yea, they aren't even noticeable......I wouldn't even worry about them being blown out. I've had no problems yet.

Comment

I always wanted to replace mine with bright LEDs...
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
                I always wanted to replace mine with bright LEDs...<hr></blockquote>

Sounds like a good idea, I think I might see if I can find some to put their.
                Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

These are what you want: http://www.varad.com/hyper_leds.htm

Lots of em for sale on ebay and numerous online retailers. Bright little buggers.

Comment

I noticed the little transparent piece of plastic there when I had my door panels off installing my alarm. Mine don't even have any bulbs or wires on them though.
                    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Mine work fine. I did have to replace one of them when it burnt out. I brought the bulb in to a local NAPA and they had to match it up in a catalog.

They are actually pretty helpful late at night. They even dim with the dimmer switch.
                      --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

those lights are barely noticable. Ha anyone actually replaced them with brighter ones? If so where and how. Why couldn't they just backlight the switches like the do on most other GM cars?
                        2002 Pontiac Firebird<br />Sunset Orange<br />A-4,Y87,W68<br />Whisper Lid,SLP CAI,SLP STB<br />Holley Powershot<br />Y87 V6 Decal under right tailight<br />**********<br />1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350<br />A-3<br />2.41 rear....can you believe that?<br />Not as fast of the V6 simply becuase of that rear.

Comment

I like em... shining that soft glow on the switches instead of backlighting them is really cool in my opinion.
                          www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

I love the whole red lighting on everything. Even thought of trying to find some red lenses for the dome light and rearview mirror lights. That LED site looks cool but I would proably have them wired up separately so I could have them turn on or off independent of the rest of the lights in the car.
                            -Brad
                            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                            :rock:

Comment

mine went out on my passenger side. But hey thats factory on a chevy: lights burning out s#it falling apart, right? ;)
                              1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X