blinker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinker problem

this is going to be kinda long. when i have my lights on or my parking lights on my left blinker does not blink, or blinks very sporatically. the right blinker works fine, but neither of them blink in the front(when parking or regular lights are on). when the lights are not on they both work perfectly. Anyone have any clue on what could be causing this? I really to want to have to take it someplace if it's something simple to fix, but it's pretty dangerous to be driving with faulty blinkers. Any help is appreciated, thanks
    New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

check your bulbs. You probably have dual element bulbs for blinkers (I Don't remember, I haven't looked in to changing them though). Someone here knows I'm sure... HTH
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrMilhouse:
      check your bulbs. You probably have dual element bulbs for blinkers (I Don't remember, I haven't looked in to changing them though). Someone here knows I'm sure... HTH<hr></blockquote>

Just what I was going to say....the bulbs I believe 3157?? correct me if im wrong...have dual elements 12v for DRL and then it cuts it down to a mild 5v for nighttime driving...so chances are the 5v element is burnt....juist buy some new bulbs there like a buck or something...most places will give em to ya for free ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i'll check on the part #. I have a set lying around @ home from when I had to replace my drivers side turn signal light.

Comment

Yes, definatley check the bulbs and the connection. Clean any corrosion and gunk out which might be insulating the connection.

Good luck!
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

the part number is 3157 like the previous person said. I replaced mine with a Sylvania 3157ll(ll=long life) when it burned out (think it was because of the alternator problems I was having.).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X